Sportslogos College Athletics Association *UNIFORMS BEGIN PAGE 21!*

the_grateful_ted

9 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Continental- Northeastern US

Continental is basically the entire Atlantic Coast (except Florida)...our reach would be from Maine to Georgia.

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2016 at 11:32 PM, ColeJ said:

Name of University: Waxahachie State University

Nickname: Buffaloes

Location (City, State): Waxahachie, Texas

Colors: Buffalo Brown and Victory Green

4square.png

Buffalo Creek Teachers College was founded in 1929, to act as a more secular and liberal alternative to Waxahachie's other academic center, Trinity University (now in San Antonio). Buffalo Creek Teachers College focused not only on the pursuit of knowledge, but passing that knowledge on to the next generation of young Texan minds. BCTC became an epicenter for training teachers that would go on to make names for themselves all around the state. 

In 1967, Buffalo Creek Teachers College officially rebranded itself as Waxahachie State University. 1970 saw the first and only season of collegiate sports in the history of this highly regarded academic institution, as the Waxahachie State Buffaloes football team would struggle to a woeful 0-10 record, scoring only 2 touchdowns all season. Interest in the program never really took off, and the athletic department was cancelled after the inaugural season.

After decades of rumors and rumblings, and a sizable donation from some very successful alumni, the Waxahachie State University Buffaloes will be returning to action in the fall of 2016, for the first time since the 1970 season. Football, Men and Women's Hockey, and Men and Women's Basketball will be the flagship sports, with a strong possibility of Baseball and Softball to be added in the summer.

Yes, a Texas school adding women's hockey as an inaugural sport is SOOOOO likely!!!!

42 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Okay, that was the last college to be entered. I'll put that up in the title of the topic.

So here's what I think we have so far for conferences,

Continental- Northeastern US

Pacific- California, Southwestern US, Alaska

Lakes- Great Lakes Area

And then one more unnamed conference for the Southern US. 

I think we're in a pretty good place right now, let's finalize and get the league logo settled now that we're at capacity for members.

If the Great Lakes teams want to split off its ok, The NAC will take all the Southern US teams (COR,UWM,WTSU, WAXST,DSA,ULC) and @sleuthpanther and @Pulv! I'll give you guys an invite if the MCC doesn't want you.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

10 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

If the Great Lakes teams want to split off its ok, The NAC will take all the Southern US teams (COR,UWM,WTSU, WAXST,DSA,ULC) and @sleuthpanther and @Pulv! I'll give you guys an invite if the MCC doesn't want you.

So do we want 3 or 4 conferences? Because the North American Conference seems to include pretty much everything.

I created conferences for what I think would make the most sense for the time being:

Proposed Conferences:

Pacific

University of Santa Monica

Portland Tech

Alaska-Juneau State

Lake Tahoe Tech

University of Spokane

Rainier Tacoma University

Great Falls University

David Thompson University

Jefferson State University

Reno University

(total of 10)

Lakes

Great Lakes University

University of the Iron

Lansing University

Rogers Clark University

University of Northern Minnesota

Quad City College

Wisconsin State University

White Bear Lake University*

Northern Indiana

(total 9)

Continental

Shelby University*

University of New England

University of Divine Mercy

University of North Eastern New York

Boston State University

Grand Island Tech

Delmarva University

Hudson Valley State University

(total 8)

NAC

College of Oak Ridge

University of Western Mississippi

Waxahachie State University

Las Cruces University

Thomas Stewart Academy

Norman University

University of Central Colorado

West Tennessee State University

(total 8)

* need to create a design

3 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I created conferences for what I think would make the most sense for the time being:

Proposed Conferences:

Pacific

Portland Tech

Alaska-Juneau State

Lake Tahoe Tech

University of Spokane

Great Falls University

Reno University

(total of 10)

Lakes

Great Lakes University

University of the Iron

Lansing University

Rogers Clark University

Quad City College

(total 8)

Continental

Shelby University*

Boston State University

Grand Island Tech

Delmarva University

(total 8)

NAC

College of Oak Ridge

Las Cruces University

Thomas Stewart Academy

Norman University

(total 8)

I agree with this setup the most frankly. Four seems to make the most geographical sense, although "north american conference" does not make the most sense for a bunch of teams in the South :P

Just now, Silence of the Rams said:

Ok this break buys me some time to have a solid concept not a "Thrown Together in 10 minutes" Concept. Quick Question though how many schools (once entries are re open) per state are allowed.

No more than two schools per metro area, the number in a state does not matter.

Alright. Without further ado I present to you all....

Name of University: Vanderburgh University

Nickname: Railsplitters

Colors: Blue, Yellow, White (like the blue and yellow from the Indiana flag)

10051601 - Edited.jpg

10051602 - Edited.jpg

Founded in 1890, it was the dying wish of Conrad Baker that he give back to the community of Evansville. In his will, he left a significant chunk of change to start a university that would benefit his state of Indiana. Of course, it seemed appropriate to name the school Baker University, but Baker was very specific about naming it Vanderburgh college after the county that Evansville is located in. Railsplitters was decided as the nickname because of Abraham Lincoln, who grew up two counties over. The logo at first was a simple hammer, and it got moved to the secondary logo when the school rebranded in 1960. The current logo is a modernization of the Lincoln logo that they made in 1960, and the current logo came from a 2014 rebrand. The Railsplitters are prominently a basketball school, as they hail from Indiana, a state known for its basketball. The Railsplitters have a fierce rivalry with the Rogers Clark Badgers, as they are only 123 miles apart. The primary logo is fashioned to be Abraham Lincoln, and the secondary is a V with a hammer going through it, using the colors blue and yellow.

I'm not really sure how to go about having someone make my logos digital, so does anybody have any suggestions? I also have a few requests for the designer, whoever that may be. Obviously C&C welcome

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Proposed Conferences:

Pacific

Portland Tech

Alaska-Juneau State

Lake Tahoe Tech

University of Spokane

Great Falls University

Reno University

(total of 10)

Lakes

Great Lakes University

University of the Iron

Lansing University

Rogers Clark University

Quad City College

Northern Indiana

(total 9)

Continental

Shelby University*

Boston State University

Grand Island Tech

Delmarva University

(total 8)

NAC

College of Oak Ridge

Las Cruces University

Thomas Stewart Academy

Norman University

(total 8)

I agree with this set up. What if we call the conference in the south the American South Conference instead of the North American Conference to give it more of a geographic identity

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

I feel like for the Lakes Conference, we could do something like the Big Ten. Like how the logo is B1G, maybe something like Gr8t Lakes Conference or Great L8kes Conference. Maybe even using Belts such as the Corn Belt and the Snow Belt. Just throwing a couple of ideas out there.

It's Me

1 minute ago, Davidellias said:

@bucknut42 its a shame I can only upvote that once. that is nice.

Well thanks! I've hand drawn tons and tons of logos but I don't have the skill or technology to make my logos digital. 

On another note, my school isn't in Northern Indiana like it was planned to be, it's actually waaaaaay down south. Sorry if that throws anything off.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Pulv! said:

I think we are going with Chapeeko map division but with different names than east, west, north and south conference...

Pacific, North American and Continental conferences, the south conference name is still missing.

Little update, I lightened up the color scheme

pc.png

This is a great start. A few changes I'd make, simplify down to two colors for easy changing to team colors. Add more emphasis to the mountain, that's the emphasis of the logo. Without a tad more detail, or adding a little more to it, the whole thing looks a tad plain. Make the name shorter somehow. This is going to be a patch used in very small form, so so many letters will muddle up at a distance. Great start though!

Also I'd vote for RTI as a frontrunner for the SCAA logo, followed closely by Spanna. Chappeko's logo was great, but I thought the other two just looked more collegiate. Still plenty more league wide logos to design though!

Archived