Cartoon Network Soccer Logos

Afrobandito

Not sure how far I'm gonna go with this series, I'm just gonna play it by ear and if anyone comes up with suggestions for clubs. The original idea came when I was asked to sign up a team for a friends league in PES. The team I had in mind was based off of the show Courage The Cowardly Dog, and was named the Nowhere Brave

nowhere_brave_soccer_logo_by_dapowercat3

Soon afterward, I got back into watching old episodes of Space Ghost Coast to Coast and, along with the passing of the voice actor of Zorak & Moltar, I felt like attempting a series out of this concept. The idea for this crest was to base it off the color scheme & three variations of the Space Ghost logos that I have been familiar with. This logo, I'm still not fully satisfied with. Here's what I currently have for Ghost Planet FC.

ghostplanetlogo_by_dapowercat316-dajj3a9

If there are any suggestions for future clubs or critiques for either of these two, especially the latter, I would greatly appreciate it!

kana_signature_by_dapowercat316_d6j6ljz1

Reviving the thread for THE CREST OF THE SOCCER CLUB OF THE CITY OF TOWNSVILLE! The design was based off of City Hall, its stripes gaining slight inspiration from the backgrounds of building within the city. The vacant stripe across the crest inspired by the sash worn by the Mayor of Townsville. There was difficulty nailing down a specific color placement, as I have experimented with the colors of the Mayor as well as the city's heroes, the Powerpuff Girls.

UwHktE8.png

After showing this to some of my friends, it has been suggested remove the sash, as it takes away from the design of the building. While adjusting this, I noticed that the building wasn't correct compared to its reference. As such, the dome as well as the area where the title of the building would be located have been increased to become closer to the genuine article. In this experiment, I kept the scheme sampled from the Mayor.

KBdfCrj.png

7 minutes ago, Bruins said:

if you're taking requests, Dexters Lab would be awesome to see along with maybe Camp Lazlo?

I don't know if they ever named Dexter's hometown...but I would LOVE to see the product of your la-bor-a-tory for that!

Cartoon Cartoon cities:

Albonquetine (Mike, Lu & Og)

Aron City (Johnny Bravo)

Big City (Sheep in the Big City)

Peach Creek (Ed, Edd n Eddy)

Aside from those posted, those are all I could come up with...but honestly, I think your best design just might be what you'd have for Codename: Kids Next Door.

bYhYmxh.png

If you wanted to use cities from newer shows, there's Elmore (The Amazing World Of Gumball), Beach City (Steven Universe), Marzipan City (Chowder), and Stormalong Harbor (The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack), and that's just at the top of my head. Teen Titans has Jump City, but I don't know if you'd want to use it since it's based on a comic.

As for the logos, I don't have much to say. They're really good.

• 1 month later...

Sorry that it's been a minute since I've done this thread. Several projects came up and took up my time.

The next crest I've worked on was for the city of Elmore. This was a challenge considering there aren't many current monuments that have been shown in the The Amazing World of Gumball. Instead, a friend of mine pointed me to some billboards seen in the show of the Rainbow Factory. At one point, I was considering to use a silhouette of the factory within the arc of the rainbow. The color scheme was from the button worn by Nicole Watterson. The ball itself was an attempt to represent the sentience of objects in the world. Even then, I can still be 50/50 on its execution. 

Wp9q0sz.png

So I decided to take a slight detour for a moment in this thread for a different logo. When I started this thread, he initial title was something on the line of the Barbera's Turner League. Going back to that, I decided to try my hand at a quick design for the would-be federation. It is a clear parody of the current Premier league with the lion replaced with the likeness of Yogi Bear. The color was chosen from the previous Turner corporation logo.

XGewnYn.png

The next club logo I'm planning on working on will be either Beach City or Peach Creek.

• 2 months later...

Consistency has not been one of my strong suits, I'm afraid.

Regardless, the most recent crest I've done was of Beach City. Admittedly, One of the things that held me up about this piece was committing to a color scheme. In the show, there is more often than not a vibrant palette throughout the episodes, which I have been fond of. However, the colors I would go to out the gate, I have used similar for Townsville and Nowhere. When I was researching the location, I did notice a city logo in the corner of this map http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:413016 . Seeing this made a great jumping off point, using the color scheme and more official design to form the crest. Avoiding to make the crest about the show's main characters, I've added the gemstones within the cutout border as a nod to their part in the location's protection.

CNTIUOx.png

On 1/23/2017 at 6:35 PM, thaipod said:

Gotta have a Rick And Morty team!

Indeed. Plus we ought to have an Aqua Teen team and Robot Chicken team as well.

That Turner League logo could be used for the top level of a soccer pyramid.

If you need help with teams, how about...

Williams Street United

Dark Water United ("The Pirates of Dark Water")

FC South Jersey City ("Aqua Teen Hunger Force")

Radical Squadron FC ("Swat Kats")

On 4/27/2017 at 9:33 PM, neo_prankster said:

Indeed. Plus we ought to have an Aqua Teen team and Robot Chicken team as well.

That Turner League logo could be used for the top level of a soccer pyramid.

If you need help with teams, how about...

Williams Street United

Dark Water United ("The Pirates of Dark Water")

FC South Jersey City ("Aqua Teen Hunger Force")

Radical Squadron FC ("Swat Kats")

I like the idea of doing a Rick & Morty team, I just need to nail down a location of the club.

After taking some suggestions from a friend, I have updated the Beach City logo by downscaling the title and adding some highlights to the shell. There's also an alternative version with the pearl of the gemstones located in the center in order to have an equal distribution of weight between the stones atop the border.

DxAdoDG.pngwsEnpWu.png

Archived