Copperhead Logo

AHcreative

Hey guys. I recently started a fantasy league and am attempting to make logos for each team. My team is up first, of course. 

Team: Carolina Copperheads

I just wanted some guidance. I'm pretty happy with the overall shape and style. Of course, the logo isn't finished. I'm really struggling on the eye. I cannot for the life of me draw eyes, especially in the artistic style of cartoons, logos, etc. 

Just wanted some advice. So, here goes: 

Thanks gents! 

Copperheads Logo.png

*Where are the eyes?
*Snakes don't have nostrils.
*Experiment with either the full head  without a "neck," or with a full body.

*Color scheme looks sharp.

*There's some weird stuff going on with the linework in some places, where it's really thin.

rATMcmK.png

1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

*Where are the eyes?
*Experiment with either the full head  without a "neck," or with a full body.

*Color scheme looks sharp.

*There's some weird stuff going on with the linework in some places, where it's really thin.

I agree with all of this. IMO, try a full body snake first. If you're having trouble with the eyes, just Google snakes and look at the shape of thier eyes and practice drawing them. That helps me when I'm creating logos. 

1 hour ago, Heitert said:

Thanks gents! 

Friendly reminder, there are females on this board, like me, and I know I don't like it being grouped as "gents." 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

9 hours ago, Whittier S said:

Correction: Snakes do have nostrils through which they breathe, but they smell with their tongues. Copperheads have nostrils as well as heat sensing pits.

Vgn1IJJ.jpg

Although I do agree with all of the other points made.

8 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Friendly reminder, there are females on this board, like me, and I know I don't like it being grouped as "gents." 

I can't tell you how many times people have mistaken me for a guy here :D It just comes with the field I think.

I personally don't mind, seeing as the majority on the board are males, but I do feel you.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

I did explain why there isn't an eye @Whittier S, the logo is unfinished, I brought it here for help.

@panthers_2012 and @ZionEagle I apologize for the generalization, I've been a member here for years and have seen the phrases "gents," "fellas," and the like thrown about. 

I also forgot to mention that it's a partial logo because it will be placed on a helmet similar to the Seattle Seahawks application of their logo. 

Thanks for the advice. 

The layout on the helmet makes a lot more sense, but the perspective on the head is all thrown off. The eye and the jaw give the impression of a side view, whereas the fangs, tongue, and nostrils (mea culpa) suggest a three-quarter view.

rATMcmK.png

A good rule of thumb for simple logos is when using a side view, only include 1 of any bilateral feature (1 eye, 1 nostril, 1 fang in this case).. As Whittier suggested, you have elements of a 3/4 view, but given the layout and usage here, I'm assuming you're going for a side view (and I'd recommend doing so if you're not).. It'll help you get your perspective and features tidied up to limit yourself to only 1 of everything on your logo

Archived