PittsburghSucks

2016 MLB Post Season Thread

I'm picking the Tribe over the Cubs in 7 games.

WC:

TORONTO vs. Baltimore 

New York vs. SAN FRANCISCO

DS

Cleveland vs. BOSTON 

TEXAS vs. Toronto 

Washington vs. LOS ANGELES

CHICAGO vs. San Francisco

CS

Texas vs. BOSTON

CHICAGO vs. Los Angeles

WS

CHICAGO vs. Boston 

CHICAGO CUBS WIN WORLD SERIES

ALCS MVP: Mookie Betts 

NLCS MVP: Dexter Fowler

WS MVP: Kris Bryant 

No predictions, just hope the Nationals win it all. Gotta admit, I'm feeling a little uneasy with the Nats limping into the playoffs.

American League

Wild Card

Baltimore over Toronto

Divisional

Texas 3, Baltimore 1

Boston 3, Cleveland 2

ALCS

Texas 4, Boston 2

MVP: Yu Darvish, TEX

National League

Wild Card

San Francisco over NY Mets

Divisional

Chi Cubs 3, San Francisco 2

LA Dodgers 3, Washington 1

NLCS

Chi Cubs 4, LA Dodgers 3

MVP: Anthony Rizzo, CHC

World Series

Texas 4, Chi Cubs 3

MVP: Rougned Odor, TEX

*I should note that my hope is Indians/Cubs, but I'm afraid Boston is too good for Cleveland right now. And this seems like a year Texas could get back in, either way.

There's a potential odor to this Jays week of baseball, I can't seem to put my fist on it though.

#MessWithTexas ,Orioles please don't ruin this.

I will believe the Giants will win the World Series until such time as they are officially eliminated.

Anyone but Boston, San Francisco, Toronto or Texas. I wouldn't mind Cleveland, Baltimore, Mets or L.A., but I'm really pulling for the Cubs or Nationals.  

That being said, the Red Sox strike me the most as the team can go the distance. 

If the Orioles lose, then ill likely be in for a Nationals Blue Jays WS.

I honestly dont hate the Blue Jays, as I typically default to Toronto when Buffalo doesnt have a said team( Argos, TFC, Raptors, Marlies(Rochester has one, but blech for them being a primary(huge bandits fan)) or are secondary(leafs).

Only reason I dont like them is because im likely moving to MD/VA soon for teaching and adopted the Orioles as my AL team

I want a Beltway Series for the World Series. It likely won't happen this year, but it would be HUGE for the Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area.

I'm not gonna make any productions but I would love to see a Dodgers-Giants NLCS (oddly enough they haven't had an official playoff meeting) and a Dodgers-Red Sox world series (a rematch 100 years in the making).

Alright fine...

Toronto - Chicago

If the Jays lose early, I hope it's Cleveland losing to San Fran.  Let Kevin Durant throw out a pitch.

I want Cubs-Rangers. If Texas doesn't win (or loses in the Series) I'd rather it be Cubs because history. 

But im calling a Beltre walk off in Game 7. 

Since we all know MLB postseason is totally random, I'll be flipping a coin to prove my theory (again).

And your winners are....

AMERICAN LEAGUE

WILD CARD

Orioles > Blue Jays

ALDS

Orioles > Rangers

Red Sox > Indians

ALCS

Red Sox > Orioles

NATIONAL LEAGUE

WILD CARD

Giants > Mets

NLDS

Giants > Cubs

Dodgers > Nationals

NLCS

Dodgers > Giants

2016 WORLD SERIES

Dodgers > Red Sox

#evenyearbull:censored:

American League

Blue Jays over Orioles

Rangers over Blue Jays in 4

Indians over Red Sox in 5

Indians over Rangers in 6

National League

Just don't hurt me again.

From the MLB thread:

AL Wild Card

Orioles 3-1 Blue Jays

Chris Tillman gives up a run early, but then settles in and shuts the Jays down.  Stroman dominates our offense save for a lone solo shot from Matt Wieters.  The game is 1-1 till the 8th when the O's score 2 runs off of the Jays 'pen.  Britton gets the save.

NL Wild Card

Mets 4-5 Giants

Not the result I want to see, but postseason MadBum is a different beast from regular season MadBum, even if the regular season one was pretty darn good too.  Would love to see the Mets pull this one out but I think the Giants will end up taking this one.

ALDS

Texas over Baltimore in 4

The O's have been good this year but not good enough.  We struggled against the Rangers earlier in the year and their dominance will show, as they dispatch us in 4 games.

Boston over Cleveland in 4

With virtually all of their starting pitching behind Kluber gone, the Indians have little to no chance against the (sigh) juggernaut that has been the Sox this year.  Side prediction: the Indians' only win comes against David Price in game 2.

NLDS

Cubs over Giants in 3

The Giants' even year success comes to a screeching halt as they get swept by the powerful Cubs.  Not even MadBum can save them this time.

Nats over Dodgers in 5

This will go down to the wire, but behind Max Scherzer's dominance and a powerful offense, the Nats will sneak by a Kershaw-led Dodgers side.

ALCS

Boston over Texas in 6

Texas has the players to compete with the Sox, but this seems like Boston's year in the AL.  They will take this one realatively easily.

NLCS

Cubs over Nats in 5

Cubs are clearly the better team here.  Scherzer might keep the Nats in it, but with the talent the Cubs have, I can't see them not winning the pennant.

World Series

Cubs over Red Sox in 7

I'm picking more with my heart than my head here.  I'd absolutely love to see the Cubs win, but imo the more likely scenario is Boston winning - again.  But I just can't bear to pick them, so I'm going Cubbies here.

World Series MVP: Anthony Rizzo, Cubs

baseball-playoffs-picks-2016.png

I made this. 

Thoughts:

- Yes I think the Cubs have the parts to win it all so they will probably be this year's version of the random good team that doesn't show up for the LDS. 

- Giants over Mets because of Bumgarner, but ultimately only have one Madbum start against the Cubs and hitting woes will end #EvenYearDevilMagic

- Nats finally put it together to win a playoff series. Dusty Baker finally figures out that you have to manage differently in the postseason. 

- I picked the Blue Jays over the Orioles because I want to see a rematch of last year's ALDS with the Rangers and Blue Jays

- Red Sox come out of the American League just because baseball is terrible and the Red Sox will be this year's BiT team where a rich kid fanbase gets to experience more fun than they deserve. It'll also mean the stakes for the World Series will be super high.