2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love looking like an idiot.  You know it's the playoffs when CS85 melts down and subsequently looks like a total dickless clown.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, CS85 said:

I love looking like an idiot.  You know it's the playoffs when CS85 melts down and subsequently looks like a total dickless clown.

You're hilarious. Anyway good luck to your Cubbies. Chicago needs this. 

Just now, masterchaoss said:

Well I really wanted to see a Dodgers-Giants NLCS, looks like I'll have wait till next year for that, at least the even year curse is over.

I don't have enough fingernails on my hands to stomach that.

VmWIn6B.png

Heaven's done waiting.

I thought I'd be a little sad, but I'm not. Actually, I'm a little relieved. I love my Giants, but there was always something wrong with the team, be it a bullpen that had more holes than a cheese grater, an offense that went on serious cold streaks at impromptu times,  and an overworked starting rotation. Having the best record at the break was a product of an easy schedule and overproduction on nearly every level, production that couldn't be replicated by the return of injured players. Heck, Buster Posey is probably glad that he gets an extra three weeks of rest, given how thoroughly broken down he's been all season (which makes me love him all the more). This team didn't need to be in the playoffs, and I'm a little happy that they can have extra rest this October.

Matt Moore pitched his ass off, and I totally do not regret that trade one bit. The Giants had to sell high on Matt Duffy, and they got themselves a pitcher who can handle himself pretty well (better than Cain-Peavy-Suarez-is Chris Heston still around?).Will Smith was a bad move, but I get it. I don't think he's sticking around. Ah well, onto next year.

At least the Giants went out with a fight, and got the Cubs to ditch those ugly blue softball tops. That alone was pretty cool.

Go not-Dodgers!

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

Giants fans actually hold a soft spot for that guy? :blink:

I really don't, but I can understand why some fans would. It's because of the 2012 NLDS. His dumbassery made that World Series win possible! (sorry @McCarthy)

Can somebody tell me if the bullpen thing the Giants did in the 9th is commonplace for them this season in big games?  After last night where bullpen bodies were precious, I was kind of surprised that Bochy gave guys one shot before pulling them like that.  It felt like he was sending a message in addition to doing anything to stop the bleeding and ice the momentum.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived