2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CS85 said:

So obviously I posted this 3 innings into the game where the Cubs were once again getting smoked at the plate.  Not 5 minutes after posting this the breakout began.  

I'm used to looking like a head-in-the-sand idiot around here, but apparently it's getting to the point where I'm not allowed to despair as a fan.  

I acknowledged that my own whining came moments before their bats woke up, hoping to get some laughs, but apparently it's a lot more profitable to rip my ass for doing something I've done around here for years.  Admiral smoked me about the Blackhawks.  Hedley busted my balls for the Cubs.  

I'm not and never have been Mr. Positive, and clearly my posting around here in the playoff threads as a coping mechanism isn't welcome.  I'll see myself out.  

You missed the part where I said I like your "head in the stove" bit.

EDIT: Because that part of my post mysteriously disappeared. 

BB52Big.jpg

Toronto is the most unnecessarily aggressive team in the MLB. When they get down by more then 3 runs; they're pretty much dead. They consistently try to swing for the fences. It's so frustrating to see a team that can clearly compete play so ham-fisted when the games matter most.

They were honestly lucky to stave off elimination in Game 4. They need to realize; sometimes you need to play small ball to win. Or at least be able to play both small ball and the long ball effectively.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

31 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Please tell me you're not rooting for the Indians. 

Nope. I don't have a horse in this race, so the only thing I have left to do is give myself a wonderful case of schadenfreude at the expense of the Cubbies and their fans.... now that I think about it, maybe it should extend to the Indians as well just to give you grief infrared.

So, that means... Go Dodgers!

34 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Nope. I don't have a horse in this race, so the only thing I have left to do is give myself a wonderful case of schadenfreude at the expense of the Cubbies and their fans.... now that I think about it, maybe it should extend to the Indians as well just to give you grief infrared.

So, that means... Go Dodgers!

You are grossly overestimating the number of :censored:s I give about what you have to say. But you do what you think you need to do there, Seabiscuit. ;)

BB52Big.jpg

Go Tribe. Smoke the NL winner like you used to smoke the chocolate you cultivated on your fertile, fertile land.

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 3.18.06 PM.png

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

So it's deja vu for Kershaw. Just as it was in 2013:

Down 3-2, NLCS, Game 6 on the road against a 100 win NL Central team, facing a pitchers who came out of nowhere to look like a stud (Hendricks/Wacha).

Will lightning strike twice? We shall see.

Archived