2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kawasaki-bush-party.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

25 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

They were the villain 21 years ago! :D

Yeah, don't think anyone wants to be facing the Cubs in the Series.  Though, they'll have more pressure to end "the drought" than the Indians would.

Yeah, I suppose the Indians were the villains down your way. c34c3aad-1b0c-4f1f-959a-1992f1bd4cd3.jpg

Anyway, we now live in a world where not only are the Cubs and Indians in the World Series, we also have the city of Cleveland looking to pick up it's second championship this year.  

BB52Big.jpg

Time to get the goats on standby. They may be needed for a potential sacrifice. And I don't hate goats.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

13 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Yeah, I suppose the Indians were the villains down your way. c34c3aad-1b0c-4f1f-959a-1992f1bd4cd3.jpg

Anyway, we now live in a world where not only are the Cubs and Indians in the World Series, we also have the city of Cleveland looking to pick up it's second championship this year.  

2.5 ;)

calder-cup-champions-profile-pic.jpg

Just can't believe that either the Cubs will win the World Series, or Cleveland will win its second-and-a-half championship in five months.

Edit: Like guaranteed.  Like it's really actually happening.  Hard to wrap your head around it.

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

All I had left in this baseball season was the chance to experience the ever so wonderful case of schadenfreude when the Cubs failed. Remember, they were cursed and that meant forever.

Now that's gone... didn't help that I acted like a dope here, but it's gone and it sucks. Now, who do I make fun for failing so often?

Either way, congrats to the Cubs. They earned it.

I know what you mean, man.  It's been a sad 12 years of no longer being able to chant "1918".  The hole always remains in your heart, but the pain lessens some over time.

Meanwhile, lemme bring over some discussion from the topic in Sports Logos & Uniforms, since it really belongs here more.

51 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Congrats to the Cubs, but WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE WARREN C. GILES TROPHY?!?!

47 minutes ago, insert name said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that noticed. IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3087.PNG

44 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Yeah.  I literally just switched the picture of the NL Central pennant to the trophy on the signature images on my computer when I looked up to see a guy holding that thing and wondered to myself what it was.  Was it a special executive award.

Jeez, that is an awkward monstrosity.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Congrats Cubs on making the WS, if it weren't for having a family member in the Indians organization I'd be rooting for them. As for the Dodgers they have a lot of youth, money, a strong farm system and the best pitcher on the planet. I'm not worried about them going forward and hopefully they can get revenge a year from now. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

2 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Congrats Cubs on making the WS, if it weren't for having a family member in the Indians organization I'd be rooting for them. As for the Dodgers they have a lot of youth, money, a strong farm system and the best pitcher on the planet. I'm not worried about them going forward and hopefully they can get revenge a year from now. 

Great perspective.  Thanks for handling loss with class. 

Also Jansen is unhittable.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived