2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

9 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Yea the Cubs pitching is definitely no joke, though Baez gets on my nerves. Him and Lester weren't afraid to do plenty of yelling and chestbumping after big outs. Alas, the first coin flip goes to the Cubs. Probably should've lost this one with the Giants making better contact on the ball, but got to hope for a split going back to the coast. 

Oh and :censored: you Vedder. Pearl Jam is overrated nonsense. 

Sounds uncomfortably familiar to this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1816160-cardinals-dodgers-old-school-baseball-and-what-is-or-isnt-the-right-way

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The anti-Cardinals circle jerk in the baseball threads is as bland and formulaic as a Two and a Half Men episode. 

From what I saw, I thought San Fran had a slight edge overall, mainly in terms of getting consistent hits and men on against Lackey. I'm not going to waste the time trying to procure the advanced stats to back that up, just a simple observation. I thought Cueto should've come out in the eighth but hey, magic of even years and all. 

And a shout out back to The Six for halfway agreeing on the suckage of Vedder.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The first three Pearl Jam albums are pretty good in a top-heavy way but then they hung around making crap because they thought the world needed them after Kurt Cobain got owned by Courtney Love's gun. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How dare athletes demonstrate their emotion and cheer while playing an intense playoff game?  What a bunch of arrogant jerks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've seen studies where they've talked about athletes doing better when they are more regulated, not like that chode from Tampa a few years back who would scream into his glove after every out. So yea, I think it's unnecessary for them to keep pounding their chests Harambe style after every inning. I was fine with Baez and his home run, cause that was a pretty damn well timed dinger and all but Lester's got annoying. Either way, let's hope EYBS comes back around soon!

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

3 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

I've seen studies where they've talked about athletes doing better when they are more regulated, not like that chode from Tampa a few years back who would scream into his glove after every out. So yea, I think it's unnecessary for them to keep pounding their chests Harambe style after every inning. I was fine with Baez and his home run, cause that was a pretty damn well timed dinger and all but Lester's got annoying. Either way, let's hope EYBS comes back around soon!

Those two guys were pitching lights out and neither could make a mistake.  It had brilliant defense all around.  It was an extremely passionate baseball game, but clearly you feel like guys were trying to show others up, which is incorrect and kind of silly, but to each their own.  I enjoy watching humans play a human game, and emotion is a part of that.  It's obviously NOT pleasant seeing other teams players react emotionally when you're on the losing end of it, but don't zoom this out into some broader argument over "celebrations in baseball" when really you're just pissed that the Giants lost.  

twitter

50 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The first three Pearl Jam albums are pretty good in a top-heavy way but then they hung around making crap because they thought the world needed them after Kurt Cobain got owned by Courtney Love's gun. 

Alice in Chains could have been what Pearl Jam became, except Layne Staley developed a crippling heroin addiction. Now they're just Jerry Cantrell's tour group, with no real ambitions to carry grunge forward like Vedder's crew.

I say this as a fan of Alice in Chains. They're probably the only "grunge" band that I really like, probably because their sound draws more inspiration from late-70's/early-80's metal than Nirvana or Pearl Jam. 

Rangers need to actually capitalize on opportunities. Left 13 one base yesterday. Only saving grace is that they're not playing at home Sunday. 

Also, go Cubs. I can't even think of another Giants win without getting nauseous. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

12 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

The cubbies go up 2-0. Are we witnessing the end of Even Year Magic?

People call it magic for a reason, they always seem to find a way to pull something out of their asses. Basically never count them out.

They are worse than the Royals, except I actually enjoyed the Royals' devil magic.

Archived