2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 8BW14 said:

I'm wondering just how necessary that rain delay really was? It definitely changed the whole dynamic of the game going into the 10th. The cubs were reeling and the Indians had all of the momentum. Definitely seems like an odd decision to make but I guess I can't say since I'm not there in the weather but I would have preferred to see the game played through. 

Game 7 of a world series shouldn't be decided on a ball that slips out of someone's hands or a guy that slips and falls or anything else that weather can impact.

Also the fans deserve to watch the outcome in (relatively) enjoyable circumstances, not sitting there getting absolutely soaked.

As I get older, my mindset toward retractable domes is changing.  If there was just some way to 1) make them like umbrellas and not closed domes (i.e. no walls in the outfield) and 2) keep them open unless necessary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Game 7 of a world series shouldn't be decided on a ball that slips out of someone's hands or a guy that slips and falls or anything else that weather can impact.

Also the fans deserve to watch the outcome in (relatively) enjoyable circumstances, not sitting there getting absolutely soaked.

As I get older, my mindset toward retractable domes is changing.  If there was just some way to 1) make them like umbrellas and not closed domes (i.e. no walls in the outfield) and 2) keep them open unless necessary.

Agree...momentum is not necessarily huge in MLB.  

And setting aside public dollars, retractable may be the way to go (but yeah Mr beef is they are way too often closed).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't know if I'd ever like to see retractable roofs in baseball but I get your point about not wanting the weather to have any impact on the game and ideally neither would I. I've just seen so many rain delays disrupt the flow of a game whether the game is game 7 or in the first week of  the season. In my experience it's really a crapshoot after the delay. Just my perspective

17 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

If you were willing to stay up through a potential rain delay, you'd better stick around for these alleged final three outs.

Don't get me wrong, I was still watching the game. I just meant I was calling it a night here on the boards. Decided to come back and hang in there until the end. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived