2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Story time: My grandmother, my last grandparent still alive as a matter of fact, is (or was, last I checked) a huge Cubs fan - one of their best players of all time, Ferguson Jenkins, was from our hometown of Chatham-Kent, Ontario. Now that I think about it I even have a painting of him on my bedroom wall, right above my head.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm happy for the both of them, and for the diehard fans here as well. The long wait's finally over... :')

If this had been at Wrigley, would they have imploded after it was tied up or even the Wild pitch?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm still in shock.  There's more of a story to tonight that I'll explain later, but this is unbelievable.  

This is for my family, who's gone through so much this year.  This is for my grandpa who lost his wife a couple months ago. This is for my uncle who lost his job this summer.  This is for my dad and mom, lifelong Cub fans who never thought they'd live to see it.  This is for my brother who never gave up on them while I died the death of 1000 cuts.

This isn't for me.  Well, maybe the tiniest bit, but only the tiniest.  I'm so proud of these guys.  They made American history tonight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

22 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Helluva series. Congrats, Cubs fans. Enjoy it. Now, I'm calling it a night. B)

You're back in my facebook feed now, Greg.  I'm sorry this had to come at either of our expenses, but you're an infinitely better fan than I am, and a good dude.  

I'm not sure if I'll sleep for a few hours yet, but the smile will last for a few days more, for sure.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

my final belief system that had never failed me my entire life has just been obliterated.

what am I supposed to do with my life now?

I'd just replace "Cubs not winning it all" with the Padres, Mariners, or Brewers. Their futility streaks and periods of irrelevance are comparable to the Indians, albeit starting much later due to expansion.

Had to come in here and congratulate Cub fans. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone outside of Cleveland was pulling for you guys, even by those of us, like myself, who aren't the biggest baseball fans. Truly unbelievable. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived