2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

10 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

my final belief system that had never failed me my entire life has just been obliterated.

what am I supposed to do with my life now?

It happened in 2004 too.  Eventually, you get used to it.

3 hours ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Your 2016 World Series champions Chicago Cubs! Thanks for playing Cleveland.

You're off the hook... for now.  ;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

worldseriesdroughts_zpsejaysms8.png

Wow, I almost didn't knew that neither Texas team won one. If the Indians win one before either of them, then I guess the state Texas Baseball will be the new lovable losers, though I don't about that.

That was the greatest baseball game I have ever seen in my short life. Congratulations to the Cubs and their fans, you guys deserve it. 

It happened.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I know that Terry Francona has an intellectual disorder, but (serious question) does he have a physical one too?  I couldn't tell if his mouth was full of chew or if there was something else going on there.  Besides the fact that he made absolutely no sense (which is normal for him) it really looked and sounded like he was struggling to even speak.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The team that just lost (ironic, isn't it?).

These two good young teams could meet next year.  And America's huge Cub bias could turn around some.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14907258_1151096261640886_6851963115933823122_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

19 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'm still in shock.  There's more of a story to tonight that I'll explain later, but this is unbelievable.  

This is for my family, who's gone through so much this year.  This is for my grandpa who lost his wife a couple months ago. This is for my uncle who lost his job this summer.  This is for my dad and mom, lifelong Cub fans who never thought they'd live to see it.  This is for my brother who never gave up on them while I died the death of 1000 cuts.

This isn't for me.  Well, maybe the tiniest bit, but only the tiniest.  I'm so proud of these guys.  They made American history tonight.

Well said, man.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My life is now complete...I have now seen all the Chicago teams win the championships (took 41 years for me).   However, Cleveland was very tough.  It could have been different if the injuries to Brantley, Carrasco, and Salazar (as a starter) did not happen.

Archived