2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

31 minutes ago, teddthebucfan said:

CuHjyIiVMAAxH98.jpg

I mean, we all see the obvious flaw in this, right?

The Canadian dude delivers!

Edit: Including the playoffs, the Rangers finished with a negative run differential. Something, something, regression to the mean, something.

Texas was 36-11 in one-run games this season. Toronto was 21-25. If those things were equal, the Blue Jays would've finished with a record eight wins better than the Rangers did, and in a tougher division, to boot. Unless the Rangers improve their actual talent level, regression is gonna hit them like a ton of bricks next season. 36-11, .766 ball, is literally historic. It's the best one-run record in MLB's Modern Era, for g-ds sake. It's not even remotely sustainable.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers got thoroughly outplayed. Really bummed right now but no denying it. Texas doesn't have a bad team; just got outplayed when it mattered. 

I was at Game 2 and I gotta say I appreciate the family friendly atmosphere...but the fans were disgracefully quiet in a huge game. Aside from a small rally at the end, it felt like April, not October. 

Hats off to the Jays for handing my teams butts to them on a platter. Now I'm rooting for my consolation prize. Let's go Cubbies. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I was waiting for the Rangers to collapse like a house of cards, and they did in spectacular fashion. That team way outperformed their true talent level, on the backs of an insanely lucky record in one-run games. I figured they would lose the ALDS regardless of whether they were facing Baltimore or Toronto.

If the Indians finish the job against the Sox (which is always a question mark, especially against an offense like Boston's with two games in Fenway), I'm not sure there really is a strong favorite in an Jays/Indians ALCS. The Indians probably have the better team overall, but the Jays really aren't far behind. Maybe it's in part because they consistently give the Yankees fits, but I think the Jays have an incredibly potent team right now.

Should be a slugfest of an ALCS, regardless of whether Boston or Cleveland advances.

The Rangers and their 95 win havin asses finished the season, postseason included, with a run differential of -4.

36-11 in one run games in the regular season. If we're only going by Pythagoreon win/loss they should've been ~13 games worse than they actually were. Knowing that now it's no surprise they were swept. The Rangers were phonies. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

If this series ends on Jackie Bradley, Jr. striking out on three :censored:ing pitches...

EDIT: Welp. I looked back and saw a lot of people picking the Red Sox to win the ALCS. Yeah, wasn't going to happen. When your third pitcher is Clay Buchholz (and he's only there because of the massive hard-on that John Farrell has for him) you aren't winning dick. The bats just didn't come alive when they were supposed to (looking at you, Xander Bogaerts and all the players who struck out with pitches right down the middle) and the starting pitching was attrocious. Rarely does good hitting silence good pitching in the playoffs and tonight was no exception. As much as I love David Ortiz, I wish there was more of a focus on winning ballgames than giving him gifts in the final week of the season.

Good luck to Cleveland! Was there this weekend and it's lovely.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

5 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Well, that was nerve-racking. So who had Toronto and Cleveland in the ALCS back in April? 

Probably the same number of people who had them in the ALCS last week.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived