MLB Hotstove 2016-17

buzzcut

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brass said:

Red Sox trade Buchholz to the Phillies for Josh Tobias. Can any Phillies fans fill me in on Tobias, please?

I thought the name sounded familiar, as he played 2016 in Clearwater near my hometown.

Base on baseballreference.com he split 2016 in Low and High A, mostly in Low A.  Could be a 2B or OF.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=tobias000jos

19 hours ago, Brass said:

Red Sox trade Buchholz to the Phillies for Josh Tobias. Can any Phillies fans fill me in on Tobias, please?

Never heard of him until this trade.  He's never mentioned in any discussions of their top prospects.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, Brass said:

He is the very definition of a minor leaguer. Not much of anything there at all.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Ben Revere is headed to Anaheim for 1 year, $4 million. With Trout, Calhoun and Maybin already in the outfield, I'm not sure where he exactly fits in other than a solid 4th OF (or he shifts Maybin into that role). I just hope this isn't a preemptive move to trade Calhoun.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

Ben Revere is headed to Anaheim for 1 year, $4 million. With Trout, Calhoun and Maybin already in the outfield, I'm not sure where he exactly fits in other than a solid 4th OF (or he shifts Maybin into that role). I just hope this isn't a preemptive move to trade Calhoun.

Ben Revere supersucks. He's a good fourth outfield if you need rangy defense. His arm is bad though.  

If they use him as a leadoff guy with speed on occassion, Revere could look more like his Philly/Blue Jay self than last year. 

Also, congrats to Edwin. We'll miss you here in Toronto, but seeing you go to a team that was fun to watch last year besides the Jays will keep me happy. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Mike Trout bought every Nike-wearing Eagles player a new pair of Nikes for christmas, and is now boys with Carson Wentz.

He's apparently whispered (unconfirmed, of course) to a few people that he's going to try and work it so he plays in Philadelphia when the time is right.

trout-nike.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Mike Trout bought every Nike-wearing Eagles player a new pair of Nikes for christmas, and is now boys with Carson Wentz.

He's apparently whispered (unconfirmed, of course) to a few people that he's going to try and work it so he plays in Philadelphia when the time is right.

Perhaps Trout's heard of this thing called free agency.....

1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Perhaps Trout's heard of this thing called free agency.....

Or indicating to them that he won't resign (or they won't be able to pay him) so they trade him before then.  

I don't know what his contract is so I'm not sure how likely any of this is.  This most recent hunting outing with Eagles players wasn't the first time this rumor came up.

The Phillies have >1B of Comcast's money now, so they could afford him... if they're actually ready to contend by then.  At their current pace, that's not likely.

20 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Or indicating to them that he won't resign (or they won't be able to pay him) so they trade him before then.  

I don't know what his contract is so I'm not sure how likely any of this is.  This most recent hunting outing with Eagles players wasn't the first time this rumor came up.

The Phillies have >1B of Comcast's money now, so they could afford him... if they're actually ready to contend by then.  At their current pace, that's not likely.

He's signed through 2020, which makes him a free agent at the ripe old age of 29, if I'm not mistaken.

Jose Bautista is serious talks to re-sign with the Blue Jays.

Well, sure, it's December 29 & he's still available, this shouldn't shock many.  I know his health & prowess are not what they were, yet he helps set the tone & remains a leader for that clubhouse.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived