Any NHL.TV users here?

winters in buffalo

Any NHL.tv subscribers here? I'm looking into subscribing for the first time and have a relatively simple question that their support can't seem to answer.  Does the single team package include both home and away feeds? This is a point that they specifically mention in the All Access package, but isn't addressed in the Single Team package either way. 

I've been messaging their support, and all I've received is a frustrating exchange of links to the same product info and FAQs that I read before contacting them. 

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I'm not sure, but these guys ordered the Pirates single team package of MLB.tv and only got the Pirates feed:

http://www.bucsdugout.com/2016/4/6/11378276/getting-pirates-mlb-tv-w-single-team-option-and-no-pittsburgh-tv-feed

I would guess that NHL.tv would work the same way since MLBAM is running their show. That's just a guess though. Your best bet might be to wait for the season to start and check out the twitters to see what people are saying, since it's the first full season for MLBAM. Or you can try twittering them at NHLTVSupport if you haven't already.

12 hours ago, winters in buffalo said:

Any NHL.tv subscribers here? I'm looking into subscribing for the first time and have a relatively simple question that their support can't seem to answer.  Does the single team package include both home and away feeds? This is a point that they specifically mention in the All Access package, but isn't addressed in the Single Team package either way. 

I've been messaging their support, and all I've received is a frustrating exchange of links to the same product info and FAQs that I read before contacting them. 

Along with the above, it is safe to assume that whatever MLB.TV does, NHL.TV does as well.

That being said, for 18$ more, getting the full package would(in my view) be the much better deal. I just think the single team thing is a waste, but your views and circumstances will of course be different.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

They eventually confirmed that with the single team package, you only get that team's feed, which is what I wanted anyway. 

Ultimately, it's not much more to jump from single to all access ($28 more), but when you're only interested in following one team, the full package is a bit of a waste. There's plenty of other hockey on national and local broadcast.

Now, I wish the NFL would get on board with this model. 

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

17 hours ago, cmm said:

I don't get why the single team NHL.tv package costs more than the full MLB.tv package. But whatever.

Probably because NHL games don't have the coverage that MLB ones do. They likely see it as you're getting more that isn't available through other means.

*shrugs* Just a shot in the dark. I could be way off.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived