Coyotes apologize for past bad branding with new bad branding

Gothamite

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe if they just signed off as the Arizona Coyotes, the whole ditching the cheezzzy slogans thing, would make sense. I mean Coyotes 2.0? I thought they redesigned their uniforms last year?!? Imagine the fans who just kinda know they're playing in Arizona. "Coyotes 2.0? Did the first ones leave???"

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

11 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Maybe if they just signed off as the Arizona Coyotes, the whole ditching the cheezzzy slogans thing, would make sense. I mean Coyotes 2.0? I thought they redesigned their uniforms last year?!? Imagine the fans who just kinda know they're playing in Arizona. "Coyotes 2.0? Did the first ones leave???"

"Coyotes 2.0 because the Coyotes franchise moved to Winnipeg, and Atlanta moved to Arizona and renamed themselves after our original team, the Coyotes...... right?"

"We're sorry our branding department is inept and has subjected you to a series of terrible slogans! It's not our fault that we never know if we'll be out of jobs at the end of each season, and have to overcompensate by creating painfully generic meaningless slogans! Please come support us so as to perpetuate the dumpster fire that is our franchise's continued existence!

Signed,

A Brand New Terrible Slogan"

Just put them out of their misery and move them to Quebec, already.

Their Twitter name (not handle, but the name attached to the account) is simply "Yotes," and their location is "Still in Glendale, Arizona."

Their marketing team is really going all-in on this self-deprecating "we're a pathetic operation and are just as amazed as you that our team still exists" route, aren't they?

aw come on ya gotta help ol' Gil, they said if I don't sell these tickets here I'll be cleaning up after Shane Doan's horses! What more do I have to show you? Really? I have to show you that? ohhhh, this is the end of ol' Gil

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No taglines 

"Yeah! Just get right down to business! No talk! Just action!"

No excuses

"Alright! Get it done!"

No promises

"Ye... what? But the entire letter was filled with promises.  Are... are you not gonna do any of that stuff? Are you gonna move in the middle of the night? Will the Tim Hortons still be there? No promises at all?!?"

A friend of mine has worked for the organization for a few years. She confirmed they're really hurting on season ticket sales, this season.

I know at least three people in the Phoenix metro who would buy season tix, if the payment schedule didn't cap out at 7 months. How does the rest of the league do it? I know the Preds allow 12 month plans.

Sure, the 'yotes have some of the cheapest tickets in the league, but if butts in seats is your issue, you'd think they'd make the season tickets as accessible as possible.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Well, miss the playoffs four years in a row, abandon your superficial strategy of "be just good enough to make a little noise," and have your lease expire while promising a new arena that fails to materialize is as good a recipe as any for no one trusting you with thousands of dollars.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived