2016 MLB Playoffs

57 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Joc Pederson can't seem to decide

Giancarlo Stanton only wears the face guard when facing right handed pitchers and not when facing lefties and he's also occasionally not worn the guard when facing certain righties. I dunno what Pederson was doing or thinking but sometimes there's reasons why they may or may not wear the guard.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

As awkward as the face guards on the batting helmets look I wouldn't be surprised if more players start wearing them regularly. You wouldn't only wear your seat belt AFTER being in a bad car crash right? Eventually more players will realize the protection is important.

True I guess its sort of like the facemask on football helmets while at first it seems a little lame but over time this might be what a standard batting helmet looks like

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Joc Pederson can't seem to decide.

NLCS Game 1:

NLCS+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+v+Chicago+Cubs+

NLCS Game 2:

NLCS+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+v+Chicago+Cubs+

Dodgers played the Cubs in August and Joc said he liked the way the helmets looked so they ordered him some. They came in mid september and he only wears it when facing a lefty

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/court-hearing-on-potential-ontario-ban-of-indians-name-logo-101716

Activists want Canada to ban the Indians name and logo for the MLB playoffs

The name Cardinal somehow also gets involved with this :lol:

That would be hilarious.

Grey "Cleveland" jerseys and the "C" cap.  

"Allright, you all have a thread-ripper in your locker.  Remove the patch from your left sleeves."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/court-hearing-on-potential-ontario-ban-of-indians-name-logo-101716

If the Jays were up 2-0 I doubt anyone would even care about the Indians name and logo.

Isn't the correct term "American Indians"? If not someone should inform the "American Indian Movement" that they have been racists since the 1970s. I get that some people don't like Chief Wahoo, or Redskins. But really how is Indians worse than Braves? or Yankees, Canucks, Celtics, Fighting Irish, Warriors, Blackhawks? 

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

My thing is why bring this up now? Indians played Toronto during the season. And once ALCS matchups were set, we knew the Indians would be back in Toronto. Seems kind of rushed and even if they are seriously considering it, seems so last minute to do anything worth an effect. 

MLB statement: “Major League Baseball appreciates the concerns of those that find the name and logo of the Cleveland Indians to be offensive. We would welcome a thoughtful and inclusive dialogue to address these concerns outside the context of litigation. Given the demands for completing the League Championship Series in a timely manner, MLB will defend Cleveland’s right to use their name that has been in existence for more than 100 years.”

Go A's!

On 10/11/2016 at 8:24 AM, kroywen said:

This would probably be the best solution for the Nats. Red cap/red brim at home, and red cap/navy brim on the road. It would better match the rest of the road uniforms, and would help distinguish them from the Braves better (without looking too similar to the Cardinals or Angels either). Navy is a big part of their identity, so I wouldn't want to completely cut it out, but the navy caps do look a little out of place right now.

The best solution for the Nats is navy crown/navy brim at home and on the road with a DC monogram, with red and gold as accent colors. The team plays near the Navy Yard so why not emphasize navy blue? 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

The best solution for the Nats is navy crown/navy brim at home and on the road with a DC monogram, with red and gold as accent colors. The team plays near the Navy Yard so why not emphasize navy blue? 

Is this a serious post? No.

Buddy, I'm always serious when it comes to how poorly the Nats dress.

I know I must tread lightly on the Wahoo issue, so I'll try my best. It would seem as though most liberals are in favor of the Dakota Access Pipeline, which cuts across an Indian reservation to the chagrin of those who live on that reservation. One liberal poster here even seemed to get a half-stock at the thought of Jill Stein being arrested for her participation in the protests. (As it would happen, a few weeks later, Amy Goodman has been arrested for her role in the protests, as a journalist, which should give us pause.)

Look, there's no denying the impropriety of the logo at this point. But it doesn't do anyone a lot of good to come down on the right side of a sports logo issue while coming down on the wrong side of an issue that seems to directly affect American Indians' lives and nominal sovereignty. There's admittedly a wide range of opinions from Indians on the controversial logos, from "it's fine" to "it's a disgrace" to the one that gives me a twinge of sadness, "at least they're remembering us for something." They seem more unified against the federal government running roughshod over their land. If you're going to ascribe to a neoliberal paradigm where money is the ultimate form of personal expression and boycott objectionable logos out of existence, that's fine, but it's still more important to improve the quality of life at Indian reservations than it is to make Wahoo or Redskins disappear. It's just a lot harder to do at the counter of a Lids.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

If the Jays were up 2-0 I doubt anyone would even care about the Indians name and logo.

Isn't the correct term "American Indians"? If not someone should inform the "American Indian Movement" that they have been racists since the 1970s. I get that some people don't like Chief Wahoo, or Redskins. But really how is Indians worse than Braves? or Yankees, Canucks, Celtics, Fighting Irish, Warriors, Blackhawks? 

Indians probably isn't worse than Braves or Blackhawks... Redskins are definitely worse.  But there is the whole Trail of Tears thing that is a part of our US History, that people can never seem to remember.  Although the Irish did face some persecution, they weren't robbed, looted, forced off their land, and murdered.

Stay with me on this, as I know the scales aren't the same.  But it would almost be like naming a team in Germany after the Jews and have a massive stereotypical logo.  Again, its NOT the same scale as the Holocaust.

Personally, I think the name is fine.  The logo is definitely stereotypical/racist.  Not sure how people can still defend it.  I'm all for nostalgia.  In the end, I think its far enough removed from a time when it was offensive to where we are today.

Archived