2016 MLB Playoffs

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really am starting to hate the Indians and their social media team. They are so tine deaf if why people want to see their primary jersey. 

Destroy their chief  wahoo

Destroy their name

Destroy Progressive field. 

Disband the team. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I like the navy tops but not for every game though. 

I don't think Indians social media is tone deaf. I think they are very aware of everything that's going on but have to maintain their identity. It is what it is. As long as they are allowed to have the name and logo and the league doesn't stop them, they are who they are. 

Go A's!

4 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I like the navy tops but not for every game though. 

I don't think Indians social media is tone deaf. I think they are very aware of everything that's going on but have to maintain their identity. It is what it is. As long as they are allowed to have the name and logo and the league doesn't stop them, they are who they are. 

Sorry, I'm on the phone. First picture should be last. 

That's what I'm talking about with he tone deafness, they don't get bored care to get why people want to see grey and white (aka primaries) in the World Series. they did it too with earlier games as well. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I don't have too much of an issue with the Indians alt.  It's not a bad jersey.  I understand that some people don't like alternates being worn in the World Series, and I respect that, but it doesn't make that much of a difference to me.  I think that if teams never wore alternates in the World Series, people would complain about the boring uniform matchups and say that it would be better if teams wore their colorful alternates, and how much cooler and more interesting that would be (which, to be honest, is probably why they started doing it in the first place).  After all, in a way, the alternates are more "representative" of the team's identity in the sense that they more fully embrace the team's colors and therefore, in a way, show more "pride."  But again, I can understand the "tradition" argument (against alts) as well.  Which is why I'm happy either way.

Then there might be the argument that it's okay if they wear the alts, but not every game.  See, I feel like I would almost rather they either wear the navy uniforms every game, or the gray uniforms every game.  I feel like by wearing different uniforms every game in the series, they are actually diluting their identity/look/consistency even more than if they just stuck with the navy jerseys every game.  But again I am fine either way because it would be nice to see the gray jerseys for the sake of variety.

All in all, both of these teams have good uniform sets and I think I'm okay with any matchup we could potentially see.  I think I'm even okay with the blue vs. navy because the shades of blue are different enough.  I would not want to see color vs. color if the colors were too similar.

On a different note, I'll whine about something else that has been bothering me this World Series.  FOX needs to bring back the MLB on FOX music.  Does anyone know why they got rid of it?  Was it just to streamline their brand or something?  I can understand that position, but I think it's better for them to use different music for different sports.  This music they use now sounds like it was made just for the NFL, and their MLB theme sounded like it was made just for the MLB.  They should not use the same music for both.  I have not gotten used to this even after years of them doing this.

39 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Sorry, I'm on the phone. First picture should be last. 

That's what I'm talking about with he tone deafness, they don't get bored care to get why people want to see grey and white (aka primaries) in the World Series. they did it too with earlier games as well. 

It's the pitcher's choice on what jersey to wear. It's also a team decision. Whoever running the Twitter account is just explaining why the Indians are wearing blue again. 

I would like to like to see the grays too but if the team is superstitious, it is their choice. They could have relayed that message in a better way but I don't think it's ignoring the fans who are asking on Twitter. The decision is solely on the players. 

Go A's!

Exactly. There was certainly a better way the social media administrator could have stated it - perhaps something like "that's up to the team" or "that's what the team has chosen to wear" - but the social media administrator likely has zero to do with uniform choice in this case. It's all relaying information and updates on their end.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

On a different note, I'll whine about something else that has been bothering me this World Series.  FOX needs to bring back the MLB on FOX music.  Does anyone know why they got rid of it?  Was it just to streamline their brand or something?  I can understand that position, but I think it's better for them to use different music for different sports.  This music they use now sounds like it was made just for the NFL, and their MLB theme sounded like it was made just for the MLB.  They should not use the same music for both.  I have not gotten used to this even after years of them doing this.

That's because it IS the NFL on Fox theme... And yeah, this has been bothering me too...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I also thought the Indians Twitter response was snarky, and their stubbornness regarding the jerseys has me all in on the Cubs.  Did the official team Twitter account just post that they believe the color of the fabric in the team's jerseys has been the basis of their success?  Perhaps all players should carry the official team rabbit's foot in their pockets during games, as well.

Congrats the city of Cleveland on two titles in four months, after waiting so long.  You deserve it.  But both your teams will have made history looking worse than they should have, and that's unfortunate.  It's kinda like wearing jeans and a polo to your wedding, and all in the name of "luck".

I really love the Indians navy alts but I agree that they should be nowhere near the postseason.

The Cubs blue alts should be burned.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

If the Cubs win tonight, it feels like a virtual guarantee that we'll get blue vs. navy in Game 6. Think the Cubs would have enough sense to break out to road grays for a potential Game 7 though. Guess the Indians are sticking with navy both home and away from here on out.

Chances are we'll never find out about a potential Game 7 uniform matchup.

46 minutes ago, kroywen said:

If the Cubs win tonight, it feels like a virtual guarantee that we'll get blue vs. navy in Game 6. Think the Cubs would have enough sense to break out to road grays for a potential Game 7 though. Guess the Indians are sticking with navy both home and away from here on out.

Chances are we'll never find out about a potential Game 7 uniform matchup.

Never know... ;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived