DC in Da House w/o a Doubt

2016 MLB Playoffs

Recommended Posts

On 10/31/2016 at 1:54 PM, Brandon9485 said:

 

Same goes for 2004

 

On 10/31/2016 at 3:19 PM, Anubis2051 said:

2009 was different as well:

 

This actually happens a lot more often than you'd think. I've always been intrigued by the hat patches, since as far as I know, there's never been any official graphic of them. The first time I noticed it being different was in the 2001 World Series, but it actually started before then. I've recently tried going through and recreating the hat logos, based on images of the games or through hats I own. As you can see, from 96 to 15, there are quite a few patches that differ from the standard logo. Does anyone know if official logos of these patches exists anywhere?

World Series Hat Patches.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, DiePerske said:

 

Ignored the fans. Wore the navy atls and racist hat all series long. Took the L.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To a degree, I think teams wearing their so-called alternate jerseys every game is a bit too much but what I find funny and to a certain point, sad, is that people get mad and upset because grown men are wearing a certain jersey for a baseball game.

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

 

Ignored the fans. Wore the navy atls and racist hat all series long. Took the L.

 

I think after all of these years of having Chief Wahoo, the Indians should give in to all of this PC nonsense - NOT!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Warthog said:

To a degree, I think teams wearing their so-called alternate jerseys every game is a bit too much but what I find funny and to a certain point, sad, is that people get mad and upset because grown men are wearing a certain jersey for a baseball game.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

I think you're on the wrong forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Warthog said:

I think after all of these years of having Chief Wahoo, the Indians should give in to all of this PC nonsense - NOT!

 

Just because something has been around for ages, doesn't make it correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I think you're on the wrong forum. 

I don't think I'm in the wrong forum. I have more important things to worry about than a team wearing their blue jersey over and over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warthog said:

I don't think I'm in the wrong forum. I have more important things to worry about than a team wearing their blue jersey over and over. 

This is a forum for people who care about what sports teams wear, in case you haven't noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are the Indians fooling by designating their block-C as their primary logo?

 

Three unifom sets: The block-C appears once while Wahoo shows up 5 times.

 

060915-MLB-kluber-carrasco-bauer-salazar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Warthog said:

I don't think I'm in the wrong forum. I have more important things to worry about than a team wearing their blue jersey over and over. 

MOD EDIT

Edited by Atomic
Let's try to be civil here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Who are the Indians fooling by designating their block-C as their primary logo?

 

Three unifom sets: The block-C appears once while Wahoo shows up 5 times.

 

060915-MLB-kluber-carrasco-bauer-salazar

Well they designate as the primary for basically promotions, graphics etc but it's really split on the field. 

Wahoo is the primary home (white or navy tops) and only with navy on the road. Block C is for the road and for the home alt. But yeah, they keep Wahoo on the sleeves so it really keeps its presence there despite all of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

MOD EDIT

Not true at all, i like the colored alternates more than the grays, but wearing your alternate all the time is wrong.

Edited by Atomic
Removed offending comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that does bug me about alts is the amount that don't use an alternate design. The Cubs do a good job with the C-bear but the Indians are just wearing a blue version of their home white and that's true of most teams. Show a little creativity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs gear is on pace to do $30 million in online retail sales alone in the first 24 hours, which would be roughly eight times what fans spent on those official site for gear of last year's Kansas City Royals championship team. Factoring in sales from the local market, sources say the Cubs' first 24 hours of sales should approach $70 million in retail sales, which would make it the hottest postgame championship market of all time.

 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17965234/chicago-cubs-championship-gear-already-setting-merchandise-records

 

I feel the bandwagon is very strong in this one! There are 2,5 mil. people in Chicago, and half of them are White Sox fans?

half a million people in Kansas City and 3 mil in the whole state. 

And cubs merchandise will sell at least sell 8 times as much? It seems like everyone  everywhere suddenly was a lifelong cubs fans, and/or had a 90 year old relative who went to wrigley as a toddler.  :rolleyes:;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Chris062190 said:

 

 

This actually happens a lot more often than you'd think. I've always been intrigued by the hat patches, since as far as I know, there's never been any official graphic of them. The first time I noticed it being different was in the 2001 World Series, but it actually started before then. I've recently tried going through and recreating the hat logos, based on images of the games or through hats I own. As you can see, from 96 to 15, there are quite a few patches that differ from the standard logo. Does anyone know if official logos of these patches exists anywhere?

World Series Hat Patches.png

I just realized, I think the 2005 World Series is the only one where the jersey patch and hat patch are different from the actual logo. 

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5907.GIF

IMG_5908.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cujo said:

 

Ignored the fans. Wore the navy atls and racist hat all series long. Took the L.

 

It's one thing that it's racist or offensive. But I think it is also just a downright ugly and goofy looking logo. I get a very minute sense of nostalgia from it (probably just because of the Major League movies) but definitely enough nostalgia should keep it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Cubs gear is on pace to do $30 million in online retail sales alone in the first 24 hours, which would be roughly eight times what fans spent on those official site for gear of last year's Kansas City Royals championship team. Factoring in sales from the local market, sources say the Cubs' first 24 hours of sales should approach $70 million in retail sales, which would make it the hottest postgame championship market of all time.

 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17965234/chicago-cubs-championship-gear-already-setting-merchandise-records

 

I feel the bandwagon is very strong in this one! There are 2,5 mil. people in Chicago, and half of them are White Sox fans?

half a million people in Kansas City and 3 mil in the whole state. 

And cubs merchandise will sell at least sell 8 times as much? It seems like everyone  everywhere suddenly was a lifelong cubs fans, and/or had a 90 year old relative who went to wrigley as a toddler.  :rolleyes:;)

It's CUBS World Series Merchandise... For 108 years there was almost no chance that would even exist! Yeah it's bandwagoning, but a lot of people wanted to see this curse end. If the Cubs had won a few times in between, this wouldn't have been that big of a deal... (Obviously)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

It's one thing that it's racist or offensive. But I think it is also just a downright ugly and goofy looking logo. I get a very minute sense of nostalgia from it (probably just because of the Major League movies) but definitely enough nostalgia should keep it around.

Still Championship-less too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Still Championship-less too. 


I think this might be the best argument against it. It's never won the big one so any sort championship-related blind nostalgia is completely non-existent in the "Why Should We Keep It" discussion. Nobody has ever raised the Commissioner's Trophy over Chief Wahoo. On an intellectual level I can understand why a Redskins fan would want to cling to the name (their justifications for it, not withstanding). It has heritage and championships associated with it. The Indians don't even have that with Wahoo. 

 

 

"We are 9-2 in the Postseason wearing these uniforms ... and you want us to change?"

 

LOL now you're 10-4. 

 

9 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

MOD EDIT


Wow dennis finally found that we talk about things besides the NFL. 

 

You're also wrong about this. My feelings aren't hurt when baseball teams wear color. Wearing just white or grey for 162 games gets boring. Alternates are a good way to change it up a few times a week. I just think wearing the same exact jersey for all 15 playoff games is overkill. That's a valid gripe. 

Edited by Atomic
Removed offending comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

One thing that does bug me about alts is the amount that don't use an alternate design. The Cubs do a good job with the C-bear but the Indians are just wearing a blue version of their home white and that's true of most teams. Show a little creativity. 

I don't have a problem with what you're saying here. In most cases it's ok if the alts are just different color versions of the primary. Having too many unique elements differing from jersey to jersey is what leads to convoluted messes like the Padres, Brewers, and Diamondbacks. Even quality uniforms have this problem like the Dodgers having piping on the road sleeves and not on the home sleeves. Some consistency is needed at times. Keeping designs relatively similar helps strengthen the identity. There are exceptions to this of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.