2016 MLB Playoffs

10 hours ago, twi said:

As for whether that term is offensive slang, I've found a good rule of thumb in my 29 years to be "don't say something that you wouldn't say to the person's face." I certainly wouldn't call someone a redskin face to face, so I include it on my personal list of no-goes. 

Then everytime an annoucer calls them by their name, he's commiting a racial offence. Which makes it that much more difficult to understand how did these teams continue getting away with it since 1937 and 1928. Why only now start protesting?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nats have worn the home whites both games of the series. Last time they were in the postseason in 2014, they wore the red alts every game. Love the way the whites look under the bright sun during a day game. We only say this a couple times this year because they usually wear the red alts Sat and Sun.

CuWtf_EUMAA4dZl.jpg

CuWrDx5WIAAWAyX.jpg

19 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

They didn't just start now.

LOL yeah it's hardly new. My grandfather took me to Jacobs Field in 1994 (THIS GAME) I was 6. As we walked in there was a group of protesters. That was the first time I'd ever considered that maybe a cartoon representation of a race of people wasn't the best logo for a sports team. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, daveindc said:

Nats have worn the home whites both games of the series. Last time they were in the postseason in 2014, they wore the red alts every game. Love the way the whites look under the bright sun during a day game. We only say this a couple times this year because they usually wear the red alts Sat and Sun.

CuWtf_EUMAA4dZl.jpg

CuWrDx5WIAAWAyX.jpg

I am looking forward to getting this white jersey with gold outlines everywhere. But i guess i will have to wait a few months for that.

:)  

Maybe this goes here, maybe it doesn't, but...

Watching WSH/LAD makes me wish the Nats would just drop the navy caps on the road and wear the red ones full time. It'd look so much better. 

Navy caps worked when the roads were navy heavy. In fact, they worked really well back then. However, they just don't work now with all the red, even with red brims.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Maybe this goes here, maybe it doesn't, but...

Watching WSH/LAD makes me wish the Nats would just drop the navy caps on the road and wear the red ones full time. It'd look so much better. 

Navy caps worked when the roads were navy heavy. In fact, they worked really well back then. However, they just don't work now with all the red, even with red brims.

Navy is still a significant part of their color scheme though. I just don't like that it looks too much like the Braves' home cap. Their red cap w/navy brim might look good for the road.

8 hours ago, daveindc said:

Navy is still a significant part of their color scheme though. I just don't like that it looks too much like the Braves' home cap. Their red cap w/navy brim might look good for the road.

This would probably be the best solution for the Nats. Red cap/red brim at home, and red cap/navy brim on the road. It would better match the rest of the road uniforms, and would help distinguish them from the Braves better (without looking too similar to the Cardinals or Angels either). Navy is a big part of their identity, so I wouldn't want to completely cut it out, but the navy caps do look a little out of place right now.

10 hours ago, daveindc said:

I actually really like that idea a lot. I'd be all for it! I just feel like at the moment the roads look like they're more hanging onto navy rather than utilizing it, and it's super distracting. A red crown/navy brim though would accentuate instead and be a much better utilization.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

That red cap navy brim road idea is solid. Right now it's like the cap says they're a navy and red trim team and the rest of the uniform says they're a red with navy trim team. There's a difference and there's a clash between the two. Just curious though, does anyone prefer their 2005-11ish all navy (almost all navy) road look better than what they're doing now? 

Archived