2016 MLB Playoffs

Frankly, that navy-heavy road uniform is one of my favorite baseball uniforms. They looked even better when guys like Soriano wore the navy high socks:

IMG_5174.JPG

I do prefer it, but only because of the aforementioned problems I have with the road uniform. This one was much more cohesive. If the Nats fixed those current issues up though, I think they'd look just as good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Frankly, that navy-heavy road uniform is one of my favorite baseball uniforms. They looked even better when guys like Soriano wore the navy high socks:

IMG_5174.JPG

I do prefer it, but only because of the aforementioned problems I have with the road uniform. This one was much more cohesive. If the Nats fixed those current issues up though, I think they'd look just as good.

All I really hated was the blocky wordmark and numbers with the beveling. I'd love to see what that uniform would look like with their current "Washington" script wordmark in navy. I'm intrigued.

On 08/10/2016 at 2:09 AM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

More than likely he's wearing his regular season cap. I'm pretty sure the patch treatment on these caps is same as recent years, glued on. The new era flag is actually sown on to the caps. New era has made it so retailers can actually glue the patches on to their inventory of stock themselves in recent years.

The NE flags are glued on as well.  I picked one up this weekend and it was the first thing I noticed.  The on-fields now have glued on (for now) raised 3D embroidered flags.

banners

I'm fine with the New Era logos.  Like Riddell NFL logos or CCM NHL logos.  They're logos, not ads.

I'd prefer Jays' home whites, & yet until they lose they'll probably not change.  So I guess I want to hope we never see them, contextually.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

6 hours ago, DAKINS24 said:

The NE flags are glued on as well.  I picked one up this weekend and it was the first thing I noticed.  The on-fields now have glued on (for now) raised 3D embroidered flags.

Ahh. I used to work for New Era/ Lids but haven't in a few months. That makes a lot of sense for this post season. Instead of making new product, just glue on the flag to existing product to use up as much before transitioning next year.

Didn't the Nats use their red batting helmets for a series of two after the All Star break a couple of seasons ago? I remember seeing it on MLB network back then, something about their regular helmets not arriving in time or something like that. Anyway, they just looked great as a red team on the road. 

I'm glad the Cubs had the good sense to wear their gray uniforms last night, rather than those overused blue alternates. I'm not sure on the breakdown of the number of times they wore blue versus the number of times they wore gray on the road this year, but I was a bit worried they'd wear the blue on the road all postseason long.

I'm personally pulling for the Cubs this year, and I'm hoping if they do win it all, that they clinch at Wrigley (for a variety of reasons). But if they wind up going to the World Series and wear those blue alternates in a potential clincher, it would almost be as bad as the Cavs wearing those black alts in Game 7 earlier this year. Given how historic a Cubs World Series victory would be, it would be a shame if it occurred while they were wearing something that looked like a batting practice jersey.

2 hours ago, kroywen said:

I'm glad the Cubs had the good sense to wear their gray uniforms last night, rather than those overused blue alternates. I'm not sure on the breakdown of the number of times they wore blue versus the number of times they wore gray on the road this year, but I was a bit worried they'd wear the blue on the road all postseason long.

I'm personally pulling for the Cubs this year, and I'm hoping if they do win it all, that they clinch at Wrigley (for a variety of reasons). But if they wind up going to the World Series and wear those blue alternates in a potential clincher, it would almost be as bad as the Cavs wearing those black alts in Game 7 earlier this year. Given how historic a Cubs World Series victory would be, it would be a shame if it occurred while they were wearing something that looked like a batting practice jersey.

Isn't the blue road alt a predominantly Arrietta thing?  I thought they always wore them for his road starts (because he likes them) and then sporadically for other road games.  At least that's how it was last year.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I noticed last night, when I had the Cubs-Giants game on, that the Giants uniforms have really repetitive logos on them. The wordmark is the exact same as the one on the sleeve patch. That really bothered me last night. I think the Giants need a different logo on the sleeve or a different workmark. (This is only on the home uniform) Does this bother anyone else???

1024x1024.jpg

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

34 minutes ago, Bouj said:

Isn't the blue road alt a predominantly Arrietta thing?  I thought they always wore them for his road starts (because he likes them) and then sporadically for other road games.  At least that's how it was last year.

Not during Game 2 of the NLCS.

CaptureNOT LAST YEAR.PNG

XM4KeeA.png

3 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I noticed last night, when I had the Cubs-Giants game on, that the Giants uniforms have really repetitive logos on them. The wordmark is the exact same as the one on the sleeve patch. That really bothered me last night. I think the Giants need a different logo on the sleeve or a different workmark. (This is only on the home uniform) Does this bother anyone else???

1024x1024.jpg

I don't think they need to change it. The Mets have the same thing on their home uniforms and they've done it since the beginning (except the 80's). It doesn't bother me.

06METS-SUB-master768.jpg

XM4KeeA.png

2 minutes ago, insert name said:

I don't think they need to change it. The Mets have the same thing on their home uniforms and they've done it since the beginning (except the 80's). It doesn't bother me.

06METS-SUB-master768.jpg

The Mets don't bother me as much, because the wordmark is inside another shape that really stands out. The Giants have a cream baseball on a cream jersey and the blend in from a distance, so you can kinda only see the Giants wordmark on the sleeve...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

12 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

1024x1024.jpg

Thanks. I have never noticed this and now it's gonna bother the hell out of me. But yeah, good observation. The Mets one is in another logo and the letters are a different color so it's differentiated enough. The Giants one looks like they took the chest wordmark and shrunk it with a magic shrinking machine and then stuck it on the sleeve. Yea it's too redundant. Maybe just putting the SF cap logo on there would be a better solution.

A bunch of teams have had the front wordmark on a jersey patch at some point.  Not bothered by it at all.  Using different wordmarks would be worse.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Ahh. I used to work for New Era/ Lids but haven't in a few months. That makes a lot of sense for this post season. Instead of making new product, just glue on the flag to existing product to use up as much before transitioning next year.

My thoughts exactly.

Something that just occurred to me is that the Blue Jays and Indians seem to like their blue alts a lot. I don't expect it to be a problem when Cleveland's at home, seeing they'd likely wear their whites I would guess, but in Toronto will Cleveland budge and go road greys to avoid royal/navy? If it comes to it I hope they do, but of course if I had my way it'd be white vs. grey all the way no matter who's home or away.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived