infrared41's Best and Worst 2016 - NFL Week 4

infrared41

Week four was another very solid week for uniform match ups. Plenty to work with for the best list this week - including a game that I'll probably catch some hell over - and only two games that were bad enough for the worst list. As always, these lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. Comments are always welcome.

Best

1. Chiefs - Steelers: Kudos to the Chiefs for going with the all white look in this game. As much as I like the Chiefs white over red look, there are some games in which the all white is a much better choice. This was one of those games. A classic. Every NFL game should look this good. 

Chiefs.jpg

2. Giants - Vikings: Because it was a Monday night game, I was worried that the Vikings might go mono-purple and ruin this game. Thankfully, they didn't. Yeah, the Giants road jerseys have red numbers and stripes that should be blue...the pants stripes are goofy...blah blah blah. I don't care. The Giants have a great looking road uniform. The Vikings home uniform has gone from a uniform I wasn't crazy about when it debuted to one of my favorites. Another great looking game.

Vikings.jpg

3. Cleveland - Washington: And here is where I get in trouble. If I follow my own "rules", this game should be this week's "close but no cigar..." game. Then again, what good are rules if you can't break them? I thought this game looked really good. Period. Fire away. B)

Browns.jpg

4. Cowboys - 49ers: Not only did the Browns make this week's best list, they managed beat out this great looking game in the process. 

Cowboys.jpg

5. Raiders - Ravens: The Raiders wear white and we finally get a look at what I think is the best road uniform in the NFL. No idea why Baltimore has stuck to the primary uniforms all season, but I hope they keep it up. 

Raiders.jpg

Worst:

1. Miami - Cincinnati: I thought the Bengals "white tiger" (or whatever it was called) Color Rush uniform looked kinda cool. The problem with this game was Miami. Good lord, that all orange is just awful. Just awful.

2356cd80-2c89-43cf-973b-6a1190c82caa.jpg

2. Broncos - Buccaneers: Old and dated "modern" meets new "modern" with predictable results. A whole lotta ugly here.

161004_briefly.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for taking a look. 

BB52Big.jpg

7 hours ago, Chawls said:

As soon as I saw the Chiefs-Steelers game, I was hoping @infrared41 would make them his top look of the week. 

True story. 

I had the same thought tbh...

I personally feel that the Giants blue did not mesh with the Vikings purple at all... I completely get the Skins/Browns ranking, though, as the autumn colors popped on both ends.

49ers-Cowboys was my favorite game. The sunshine, the blue vs red, the silver vs gold, the identical striping. It was like one of those early Sega games where they only had two generic teams. 

The Bengals looked good in their CR uniforms. The Dolphins looked awful.

I nominate Broncos-Buccaneers as the worst looking game

161004_briefly.jpg

Agreed on Raiders-Ravens. Would've actually preferred the Chiefs in their red pants going against the Steelers yellow pants. I hate the Redskins yellow pants and I hate everything about the Browns uniforms so that's high on my bad list. I like the way the new Vikings stadium looks during the day and their purple looks really good in that day time lighting, but at night it's so dark in there that the uniforms have the same problem they did in the metrodome. They almost looked blue. The Giants didn't really pop either for the same reason. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Good week overall. Steelers-Chiefs will be one of the top 5 best looking games of the year, if not higher.

Amazingly, I also really liked the Cowboys-49ers matchup. The Cowboys' mismatching bothers me to no end, but the actual design of the uniform is very good. The two teams looked great against one another.

9 hours ago, Chawls said:

As soon as I saw the Chiefs-Steelers game, I was hoping @infrared41 would make them his top look of the week. 

True story. 

Same here!  I saw the game and said to myself "That's how a football game should look"  and immediately it reminded me that infrared41's list was coming out early in the week.

On 10/4/2016 at 10:11 PM, infrared41 said:

4. Cowboys - 49ers: Not only did the Browns make this week's best list, they managed beat out this great looking game in the process. 

Cowboys.jpg

This is #1 by far IMHO.  Just gorgeous primary colors w/ just enough quirks I love --- khaki pants, seafoam pants --- I hope these teams never ever change.  

This photo could be from the 70s or 80s yaknow?!?

:)

SO GLAD INFRARED posted this week!!

I was very pleasantly surprised at how great Raiders/Ravens looked. When Baltimore wears black/purple/white, it's one of the top 10 best looks in the league in my opinion. And of course, Oakland always looks great. 

Maybe im crazy, but that's my #1. Chiefs/Steelers, Giants/Vikings, and Cowboys/49ers follow for me.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The Giants' road uniform would be more interesting if the socks, front/back numbers, and middle stripes were blue. There would be just enough red to separate them from the Colts or Cowboys, but it wouldn't be such a mismatch.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived