2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

Korver might be done. I'd rather have Dunleavy.

The Rockets have turned into one of the most fun teams to watch in the league. Harden doesn't have the triple double stats of Westbrook, but he has to be the MVP this year.

The Warriors don't have a back-to-back again until Jan. 22-23. They've had six so far this season, and have only lost once on the second night (Lakers; they beat Nuggets, Bucks, Jazz, T-Wolves, and Pistons). They went 3/4 in a four in five night run in December, with a loss in the third game against Memphis.

They have 10 more back-to-back series this year; second-night opponents include @ Miami, @ Portland, @ LAC, @ OKC, @ Washington, @ Atlanta, @ San Antonio, @ Dallas, @ San Antonio, and @ Phoenix.

I looked this up because I've noticed heretofore that 1. the Warriors seem to always be at home (they're not; exactly half of their games have been at home) and 2. seldom play back-to-backs. Their 2017 schedule, especially the second nights, looks brutal.

EDIT: I found this: http://www.nba.com/warriors/breaking-down-2016-17-schedule 17 back-to-backs this year (I missed one), down from a league-high 20 last year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

GSW also travels the second most miles in the league this season (behind PDX) and were #1 in miles traveled last season.

But that's a function of geography. If the Sonics still existed, it'd be different.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Let's play a little "Guess Which Center".

Center A: 5.2 ppg, 5.8 reb, 0.5 blocks pg, .516 FG%

Center B: 12.5 ppg, 12.2 reb, 2.6 blocks pg, .665 FG%, leads league in both Offensive and Defensive Rating

Center A is Zaza Pachulia, who is currently leading Western centers in All-Star fan votes, 2nd in Western frontcourt.

Center B is Rudy Gobert, who doesn't even crack the top ten in Western frontcourt votes.

giphy.gif

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

27 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Let's play a little "Guess Which Center".

Center A: 5.2 ppg, 5.8 reb, 0.5 blocks pg, .516 FG%

Center B: 12.5 ppg, 12.2 reb, 2.6 blocks pg, .665 FG%, leads league in both Offensive and Defensive Rating

Center A is Zaza Pachulia, who is currently leading Western centers in All-Star fan votes, 2nd in Western frontcourt.

Center B is Rudy Gobert, who doesn't even crack the top ten in Western frontcourt votes.

Zaza fell 15K votes short of starting last year too. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/1/21/10811442/zaza-pachulia-2016-nba-all-star-voting-nash-grier-KOBE-ROBBED-HIM

The Republic of Georgia and its president took to Twitter last year to start the social media wave and large voting blocks.

Too bad we can't embed Streamble. This is worth clicking: https://streamable.com/pxsou

Barkley: KG, you're almost a HOFer

Garnett: Barkley, you're almost a champion

Tonight's quite Oracle in OT  reminds me of the old days in which their long time slogan was, "A Great Time Out!"

As long as Kerr accepts that the ball isn't in Curry's hands, CLE is going to beat them and HOU could outscore them too. I think it was TrueHoop which dove into that this week.

Draymond gets pissed when Steph gives the ball to Durant: https://streamable.com/9nufv

Late game Durant strikes again. Houston and San Antonio both look better right now, if only because they know who gets the ball at the end of the game.

EDIT: Embeddable video:

Montrezl Harrell was one of my favorite NCAA players to watch when he was at Louisville, so it's cool to see him come on so strong this season with the Rockets. He had 28 points tonight, but this is awesome:

He's been getting minutes due to Clint Capela's injurty. I hope they keep some room for him when Capela returns. The Rockets are something like 34-4 since starting 6-5, so it seems like staying with the hot hand might make the most sense.

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Houston's looking really, really good. They appear to be the only clear cut threat to the Warriors. 

In the west. 

Korver might be done. I'd rather have Dunleavy.

Noooope. Dunleavy has offered nothing to the Cavs while the team deals with injury issues, he's already done. Korver is still shooting at high percentages. His numbers aren't his prime stats anymore, but it's been harder in Atlanta for him to get open shots than it will be in Cleveland. Our system is already perfectly suited for 3-point marksmen like Frye. It's possible he disappoints but I'd be surprised if he doesn't look great in Cleveland.

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

Chris Paul has reached the big 8k in assists. I wonder if he will be able to reach Stockton?

Think again.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/columnist/sam-amick/2017/01/08/chris-paul-assists-john-stockton/96299554/

But factoring in Paul’s career-long availability (he has played in 87% of regular season games), in addition to his average rate of piling up assists (9.9 per game), he is on pace to pass Jason Kidd for second on the all-time assists list early on in the 2022-23 season (he would be 37 years old). As for chasing down Stockton? Were Paul somehow able to magically maintain that elite pace, he would be 42 years old when he finally passed him while also becoming the oldest point guard to ever play in an NBA game (Celtics great Bob Cousy played until he was 41).

Archived