2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:03 PM, Bucfan56 said:

hIt kinda sorta reminds me of America West/US Airways/Talking Stick whatever in Phoenix in terms of size and feel, but it also has a surprising amount of charm that the building in Phoenix absolutely does NOT have. The suites are stacked in a way that makes the place feel kind of intimate, but still allows for a good amount of size. The end with the garage doors is really cool because the entire thing is wide open and looks out onto the street from all three levels. It almost feels like you're outside watching the game, which is anoretty unique element. It's got railings on that end in the upper decks and that's actually a pretty solid place to post up and watch the game. The one complaint I have is that the 200 level is a bit steep, but all basketball arenas kinda feel like that. 

I actually liked it a TON more than I thought I would, and I can't say I've ever been to a better indoor arena, which was VERY surprising. 

Ill try try to get some more pictures uploaded here when I get them online. 

IMG_5608.JPG

EDIT: I can't get them to upload right now. I'll try again tomorrow.

Golden 1 looks really nice; looking at the seating configuration, it not only borrowed from Phoenix, but it also more or less borrowed from both Old ARCO/Sleep Train and the original ARCO Arena.  Even though I understand the reasoning, I still find it a bit comical that they named the walkway surrounding the arena exterior after David Stern.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you know Vivek owns something like 15 percent of the Kings? And that David Stern moved heaven and earth to allow a majority minority owner? And that the Kings are shut out revenue sharing?

The NBA's collusion to keep Sacramento in the league is great for them, but pretty gross when you compare to the much simpler offer on the table from Seattle back then. It's water under the bridge now, but David Stern really rubbed Seattle's face in it on his way out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

It's definitely there for the taking. They could really surprise and win the wide open division. 

I would love that but even without kd the thunder are still the thunder so they might dominate the division

16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Did you know Vivek owns something like 15 percent of the Kings? And that David Stern moved heaven and earth to allow a majority minority owner? And that the Kings are shut out revenue sharing?

The NBA's collusion to keep Sacramento in the league is great for them, but pretty gross when you compare to the much simpler offer on the table from Seattle back then. It's water under the bridge now, but David Stern really rubbed Seattle's face in it on his way out.

Yeah, it's the kind of rule-bending Stern should have done to keep the Supersonics in Seattle in the first place, while installing the Okies as owners of the Hornets, a team they had already been underwriting at the time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the NBA lost the Pelicans today, no one would notice. Especially if Anthony Davis gets injured again. 

It's opening night!

Quick predictions for NBA 16/17:

Top East seeds:

1. Cavs

2. Raptors

3. Celtics

4. Indiana

Top West seeds: 

1. Warriors

2. Spurs

3. Rockets

4. Clippers

Finals: Cavs over Spurs (6)

Individual awards:

• MVP: James Harden
  • Coach of the year: Mike D'Antoni
  • Rookie of the year: Joel Embiid
  • Most Improved Player: Matthew Dellevadova

Biggest stories: Steph Curry gets injured in January and is out for the season; before he goes down the Warriors lose only two games. They lose 14 more after. The Baby Lakers win 30 games. The Rockets become really, really good. The Knicks miss the playoffs. Boogie Cousins remains untraded. Anthony Davis gets injured again. The T-Wolves make the playoffs but get swept out of the first round.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

If the NBA lost the Pelicans today, no one would notice. Especially if Anthony Davis gets injured again.

CCSLC poster B-Rich has been a reliable defender of The New Orleans NBA Franchise, but that franchise should have made a clean break in '07 and obviated the whole Sonics mess. You have to believe some Seattle-based consortium would have bought the team at that point. It's possible the SacKings would then be flirting with New Orleans and possibly ending up there after all, but who knows, really. I just know the Sonics shouldn't be gone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think Russell Westbrook is this year's MVP. That man is gonna be a runaway train.

OTHER THINGS: Cavs-Warriors again in The Finals. The Hornets make the playoffs again move along there's nothing to see here. The Knicks will be a calamity, and so will the Kings, but at least Sacramento will be fun to watch.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Perhaps expansion is on the table after all???

Seattle Arena group offers to privately finance arena, fix Lander Street

SEATTLE - Chris Hansen and his investment team on Tuesday offered to forgo public financing to build a new sports arena in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood.

The group also said it would cover the current funding gap to build an overpass over Lander Street, a project long desired by freight and industrial interests concerned about congestion in around the Port of Seattle.

The proposal amounts to a stunning and swift turn in the nearly five-year debate over building a new arena and, ultimately, bringing a professional basketball and hockey team to the city.

The offer is outlined in a lengthy letter to the Seattle's mayor, the King County Executive, and Seattle City Councilmembers. The letter unequivocally says the group is willing to build the arena "at no cost to the City or the County," a change from the original proposal which called for the city and county to back about $200 million in bonds to fund construction.

Signed by Hansen, Wally Walker, and Pete and Erik Nordstrom outlines the new offer, which is conditioned on the city agreeing to vacate a one-block stretch of Occidental Avenue and the addition of several tax credits.

The group concedes in the letter that "the economic landscape has changed" since it agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding with the city in 2012:

"The recession is behind us and we are deep into this new economic cycle," the letter states. "Interest rates have declined and the NBA has completed its new national television contract, creating more financial certainty in the industry.

The last outstanding item is agreement on a street vacation. The City Council vetoed this last time, due to being puffed up by the Port of Seattle. There was also some absurd sexism stuff, but the policy was worse than the politics at that time.

We'll see!

55 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Perhaps expansion is on the table after all???

Seattle Arena group offers to privately finance arena, fix Lander Street

The last outstanding item is agreement on a street vacation. The City Council vetoed this last time, due to being puffed up by the Port of Seattle. There was also some absurd sexism stuff, but the policy was worse than the politics at that time.

We'll see!

Let's hope. I'm all for 100% private projects, and the fact that Hansen and Co. are willing to pay to add a bridge on top of all that makes this a no-brainer IMO.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The Seattle news is great. Hopefully the city council can come together, approve the deal, and we'll have the green and gold back in Seattle in no time.

Plus an NHL team as well.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

Yeah....it's a cool idea but those are really, really ugly.

EDIT: Speaking of ugly shoes --

CURRY 3 - INFINITE SUPPORT. TOTAL CONTROL. - AVAILABLE 10/25 - SHOP CURRY 3

The 2s and 2.5s were both way better

Image result for curry 2

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/under-armour-curry-2-5-multicolor.jpg

Archived