2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Wings said:

My Blazers get thumped by The Ultimate Warriors tonight. So that's what they're supposed to do to every team in the league. :P

Not with Ian Clark putting in 22 tonight and Klay going 3-29 from the 3PT arch in four games to far.

Ian Clark for 22? He's going to be really good. I was tracking him in the offseason and disappointed the Warriors resigned him on a bargain; his playoff performance showed he can be good in the league. Another team (Brooklyn?) could have gotten a bright young player for a deal if they had reached out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Man, that probably has to be the most Sixers way to lose a game ever. Game tied 101-101, Serge Ibaka in the post, about 1 second left... and TJ McConnell commits a flagrant foul. Ibaka makes both free throws, and we keep possession. Game over. 103-101. 

Also, the Magic announcer tried to pull off a "magical" pun after the game - "That truly was a... magical win tonight" ;)

ExJworW.png

Utah Jazz beat the Spurs--albeit a Spurs team that no longer has Tim Duncan--in San Antonio. But this is the nigh-timeless Spurs, who will probably be just as good 10 years from now.

Also trending: George Hill, Rodney Hood. What a difference an experienced point guard and shooter make.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

40 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Utah Jazz beat the Spurs--albeit a Spurs team that no longer has Tim Duncan--in San Antonio. But this is the nigh-timeless Spurs, who will probably be just as good 10 years from now.

Also trending: George Hill, Rodney Hood. What a difference an experienced point guard and shooter make.

Absolutely. I called the Jazz to win the Northwest in July. They've got a stout defense and a good balance of vets and youngsters. Could they beat the Warriors or Spurs in a 7 game series? No way. Could they beat the Clippers, Thunder, Blazers or Rockets? Definitely. 

sig.png

Anyone have League Pass and are able to use it? I can watch on my phone, but that's it. It doesn't work on my browser or Xbox One.

League Pass was reliably great last year, but they've redone NBA.com and the apps since then. Now it's buggy and weird and disappointing. It also shows ads during game timeouts now, which sucks, because I liked watching the in-stadium kiss cams and stuff.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Joel Embiid is officially being introduced as Joel "The Process" Embiid.

Sam Hinke will live forever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Anyone have League Pass and are able to use it? I can watch on my phone, but that's it. It doesn't work on my browser or Xbox One.

League Pass was reliably great last year, but they've redone NBA.com and the apps since then. Now it's buggy and weird and disappointing. It also shows ads during game timeouts now, which sucks, because I liked watching the in-stadium kiss cams and stuff.

I feel the same the NBA app on the ps4 is feels bare bones and mediocre compared to last years app I noticed you can't even look at stats so I can't tell who other than the star player had great games and I think you can't look at standings

Love Russell trolling Durant tonight.

CwYRQnYWQAorkM-_zpsxveutzxi.jpg

Reminder that OKC played the Warriors Saturday night before the Super Bowl and Durant had a photo pass for Super Bowl XL.

hqdefault_zpsnhuoqysr.jpg

There's also a curious read on Durant this week from The Mercury News and Anthony Slater, who covered Durant and the Thunder for the last three seasons for The Oklahoman.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/01/kevin-durant-unfiltered-on-the-state-of-his-relationship-with-russell-westbrook/

Excerpt:

The Rolling Stone article came out recently that characterized you guys as ‘work friends.’ For years, you constantly told us you two were ‘brothers.’ Which is it?

Durant: “We were brothers. We are brothers. When you do a story for Rolling Stone, we talk and then he writes the story how he wants to write it. He came up with that term on his own. That got kind of miscommunicated through the entire thing. Me and Russell grew up together. I was in the phase of finding out who I was outside of basketball. He already knew who he was. He already had a stable life. He had stable parents, a girlfriend through college. I didn’t have none of that stuff. I’m trying to find out who I am, which I didn’t know, which is not a bad thing. He knew who he was. So obviously we’re going to grow toward this way (splits arms). It’s not a bad thing. It’s not at all. We still hung out. We’re boys. My interest went this way, his went that way. He got married, I didn’t. He hung with his wife. What you want me to do? I love Russ. I don’t care what nobody say. I don’t care what he say or what the fans say. Like, this is a tough time right now in our relationship. But I love Russ. I love his family. They all know that. I never did anything morally wrong. I never back-stabbed him in real life, never did anything behind his back, never told anyone anything about his character. Never did any of that. I just left teams. I just switched teams. Everyone on the outside is looking at it as, ‘Oh, you must not have liked him.’ Hell no. C’mon man. Nobody understand that part. I’m trying to find out who I am. He knew who he was. He knew what he wanted to do. He got married young. He met his girlfriend in college. I didn’t have none of that. I didn’t have two parents in a home with me. I’m still trying to search and find out who I am. We end up going this way (splits arms again) as far as off-the-court personality wise. And that’s not a bad thing.”

40 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The Durant/Russ drama is kind of lame.

The beef is great and Durant didn't want to make it public, but by talking to the Mercury News...He did!

Durant is a really confused dude.

Back to the game, who is this #77 dude for OKC? Adams, Kanter, and baby Sabonis ain't enough length?

Archived