2016 Bowl Game name/logo changes - NCAA Division I

Luke_Groundrunner

1 hour ago, Luke_Groundrunner said:

Post any name/logo changes to upcoming 2016 NCAA Div I Bowl Games here.

I'll start.

GoDaddy Bowl becomes the Dollar General Bowl.

Dollar_General_Bowl_logo.png

Are they going to have one person check tickets, serve food, take the trash out, show people to their seats, be the beer man, etc? If so then it will really own up to its name! 

We got the Peach Bowl back, and then the Citrus Bowl.  We still need the Tangerine bowl and then hopefully all bowls will go to a historical, cultural, or geographic permanent name.  Sponsors can have a piece, but c'mon man.  So many good unused names.  How about the Copper Bowl? 

3 minutes ago, crosfam said:

We got the Peach Bowl back, and then the Citrus Bowl.  We still need the Tangerine bowl and then hopefully all bowls will go to a historical, cultural, or geographic permanent name.  Sponsors can have a piece, but c'mon man.  So many good unused names.  How about the Copper Bowl? 

Don't forget the Gator Bowl...they pointed to the then-Chick-Fil-A and CapitalOne Bowls as reasons why they changed to the TaxSlayer Bowl...in hindsight, that was INCREDIBLY short-sighted of them.

bYhYmxh.png

31 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Don't forget the Gator Bowl...they pointed to the then-Chick-Fil-A and CapitalOne Bowls as reasons why they changed to the TaxSlayer Bowl...in hindsight, that was INCREDIBLY short-sighted of them.

Thanks for reminding me, yes, the Gator Bowl should be next in line. Especially no more .com bowls.

• 11 months later...

Archived