NHL Alternate/Colorway Series (Devils - All teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

According to various outlets (I believe Icethetics as well as Chris Creamer), the NHL will be ditching all of the currently in use third jerseys once the league's uniforms are taken over by Adidas. So with this in mind, I am dedicating this series to reintroduce the "third" or "alternate" jersey back in to the league. While we don't know the extent to which Adidas will be making changes to each team's uniforms, my goal is to incorporate certain simplistic and templated trends that have been apparent in Reebok's latest unveiled uniforms to make this series realistic without limiting creativity. In addition to most of the alternates that will be unveiled, I will be taking a page out of Nike's "Color Rush" campaign, and introduce "Colorway" uniforms that are meant to bring out each team's unique color identity. 

Teams Completed

ANA (Alt+CW)

AZ (Alt+CW)

BOS (Alt+CW)

BUF (Primary+Alt+CW)

CAR (Alt+CW)

CGY (Alt+CW)

CHI (Alt)

COL (Primary+Alt) - Update

CBJ (Alt+CW)

DAL (Alt+CW)

DET (Alt)

EDM (Alt+CW)

FLA (Alt+CW)

LAK (Alt+CW+50th)

MIN (Alt+CW)

MTL (Alt) - Update

NJD (Alt+CW)

PHI (Alt+CW+50th)

PIT (Alt+CW)

NSH (Alt+CW)

NYI (Alt+CW)

NYR (Alt+CW)

OTT (Primary+Alt)

SJS (Alt+CW)

STL (Alt)

TBL (Alt+CW)

TOR (Primary+Alt)

VAN (Alt+CW)

WPG (3Alts, 3CW,) (Update)

WSH (Alt+CW)

First up:

Columbus Blue Jackets

CBJaltfull_zpsgr8ltutj.png

CBJcolor_zpsfvbjluo4.png

C&C is always appreciated. Florida will be posted next!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome job so far. Always love your work. 

One of the best alternate designs for Columbus. Would look fantastic. 

As for Florida, I'd love to see it in navy so it stands out more from the red home set, but still looks great. Excited for the rest!

7 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Time to move on...

Nashville Predators

NSHaltfull_zpscritiw5m.png

SBJ, I want this in my collection! 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Next up:

Tampa Bay Lightning

TBLaltfu_zpsebwwsgko.png

TBLCOLOR_zpse7xgomxa.png

This is based off of a previous set that I did in my NHL Redesign thread. The white set is supposed to be evoke a "white lightning" feel. C&C appreciated!

I feel like the "White Lightning jerseys would just look like giant marshmallows on the ice. :P Still better than the Kings white diapers!

But also wonderful job Avi! Love these!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Next up:

Tampa Bay Lightning

TBLaltfu_zpsebwwsgko.png

TBLCOLOR_zpse7xgomxa.png

This is based off of a previous set that I did in my NHL Redesign thread. The white set is supposed to be evoke a "white lightning" feel. C&C appreciated!

I feel like you should make the Colour Way uniform or Alternate black, it wouldn't really stand out in the Lightning's uniform set.

IMG_0720.PNG

Archived