NHL Alternate/Colorway Series (Devils - All teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

18 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

I know it's called Forum Blue, but I feel like a darkened purple would work better for the alternate.

9 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

Which shade of purple did you use for the Kings alternate? Forum blue or the darker 2000's version? If it's not already forum blue, I would go with that shade.

I like the 50th jersey, especially the angled yoke and use of the stars on the collar. 

Here is a side by side comparison of the 2000's blue vs Forum Blue (early 2000's version was used in the concept)...

Untitled-1_zps28awykke.png

Personally, I prefer the early 2000's blue to Forum Blue in the case of this concept. Thoughts?

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

Right side looks better. IMO

I just think the Forum Blue blends in too much with the black striping. Maybe I'll come up with a Forum Blue/Gold concept and eliminate the black altogether and see how that turns out in comparison to the original concept. 

2LYbxnm.png

5 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Here is a side by side comparison of the 2000's blue vs Forum Blue (early 2000's version was used in the concept)...

Untitled-1_zps28awykke.png

Personally, I prefer the early 2000's blue to Forum Blue in the case of this concept. Thoughts?

55 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I just think the Forum Blue blends in too much with the black striping. Maybe I'll come up with a Forum Blue/Gold concept and eliminate the black altogether and see how that turns out in comparison to the original concept. 

I like the shade of the Forum Blue better, but it does blends too much with the black. maybe flip the stripes to silver-black-silver.

Also noticed that the inside of the collar has crowns, not stars. That's fantastic! Loved that on the Stadium Series jersey.

5 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I would love to see that, you always make great concepts!

IMG_0720.PNG

I'll play around a bit with Los Angeles and post an update if I come up with an improvement.

Up next....

Colorado Avalanche 

This concept was posted on Icethetics about a week ago, and it is one of my favorite ones that I have came up with...

COLFULL_zpsk9122tys.png

And the alternate:

COLf2_zpsqbh0obep.png

C&C appreciated! Calgary will be next.

2LYbxnm.png

6 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

I was hoping you'd change everything to navy, but looking at it now the baby blue looks really good. And it's consistent.

Thanks! I actually played around with several variations of this concept using both the navy and light blue, and the navy just was too dark to be such a prominent color with burgundy. 

Anymore feedback?

2LYbxnm.png

Anymore feedback on the Flames? I'll go ahead and post the next team.

Up next...

Toronto Maple Leafs

TORFULL_zpse8clfk6n.png

TORAF_zpsednosji1.png

The Leafs' new uniforms are starting to grow on me, but there are some obvious changes that need to be made to make them even better. Here is what I would have liked to see unveiled, including this fauxback alternate. C&C appreciated

2LYbxnm.png

I just gotta say that this idea is awesome!  My personal favorite is your Hurricanes set.  Using the hurricane flag pattern looks great!  I'm also really digging the "White Lightning" idea for Tampa.  Colorado's alternate is a fresh, minimalistic and modern take on their current uniform.  I can't wait to see the rest!

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived