NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

20 minutes ago, Chico said:

I find it very interesting that almost all of the Jets promotional material is featuring a light green. I wonder if this is some sort of test for a possible full time switch to it.

IMG_20170831_114509.jpg

IMG_20170831_114444.jpg

10082650896867070321.jpg

I think that's probably more about bright graphics that pop, and creates some visual distinction with the logo so it can stand out.   Think of how much less visual interest those graphics would have if they only used one shade of hunter green.

I highly doubt that's testing the waters for anything. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I just don't know if any other company can compete with Nike for NFL rights.  Don't see UA matching Nike's offer.  Reebok's pretty much out.  adidas probably can't put the NFL as their #1 priority.  

I'd say UA would be the only possibility to step in but they will have their hands full preparing for the MLB transition at that time.  I'd even be inclined to think Nike could probably lowball their renewal offer since I wouldn't foresee much of a bidding war.

24 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I'd say UA would be the only possibility to step in but they will have their hands full preparing for the MLB transition at that time.  I'd even be inclined to think Nike could probably lowball their renewal offer since I wouldn't foresee much of a bidding war.

It would definitely be interesting to see how UA would handle outfitting two of the big four sports leagues. Nike is doing it right now with the NBA and NFL.

On 8/29/2017 at 1:37 PM, mafiaman said:

As long as a certain network ditches the dancing robots, I'd be fine with ANY score bug on the screen.  

Fox listened to NASCAR fans about Digger the Gopher after four years. I don't know how they haven't had someone pull the plug on the robot yet.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

3 hours ago, Matito said:

Fox listened to NASCAR fans about Digger the Gopher after four years. I don't know how they haven't had someone pull the plug on the robot yet.

If FOX is listening then why haven't they gotten rid of their NFL theme for every other sport yet? I think they finally bright back the old NASCAR theme but I'm still waiting for the old MLB theme. Not the remix they use for FS1, the ORIGINAL theme. 

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, insert name said:

If FOX is listening then why haven't they gotten rid of their NFL theme for every other sport yet? I think they finally bright back the old NASCAR theme but I'm still waiting for the old MLB theme. Not the remix they use for FS1, the ORIGINAL theme. 

FOX using the NFL theme for MLB games feels like it should be a parody. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

On 8/30/2017 at 11:12 PM, Old School Fool said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that there may be some new Color Rush uniforms considering that some of the matchups are repeats and some don't even make sense.

That would be interesting, considering several teams never even got a chance to wear theirs last year.

Here's a change the Saints should have made a long time ago - trading pants with Georgia Tech. They match the Saints' helmet stripe perfectly, and the Saints' solid black stripe (sans the FDL of course) would work pretty nicely with Tech's uni since they don't have a helmet stripe. IMO this would be a major upgrade in New Orleans even if they kept the beige they wear now instead of gold.

EP-310019730.jpg&q=80&MaxW=550&MaxH=400&

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On 8/31/2017 at 7:37 AM, DNAsports said:

It would definitely be interesting to see how UA would handle outfitting two of the big four sports leagues. Nike is doing it right now with the NBA and NFL.

A part of me wants to see Adidas outbid Nike for the NFL contract in retaliation for losing the NBA. But I know that's not likely to happen.

New wall wrap at Gillette. Features the words 5x champions, with the word "champions" in the font of the Patriots' wordmark, and underneath where the banner features the  wordmark itself are five stars, an update of a logo they used after the last super bowl victory (they added 4 stars under the wordmark)

IMG_1212.JPG

I saw that the Fins are wearing the throwbacks for their last two home games, which seems a bit unorthodox because usually throwbacks are spread out over the year. Of course there is the dopey obsession with wearing white at home as if that makes a difference, but could this be a soft launch for updated, throwback-esque uniforms going forward?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived