NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

DJOd3irXUAEn5eH.jpg:small

The Eagles are finally participating in the Captain patch program for the first time in its history

Ugh... It used to bring me joy that they didn't have those stupid patches.

The cursive wordmark in the end zone is nice, but I always thought it was an odd choice since it wasn't used anywhere else . . . to my recollection.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

39 minutes ago, BucksFan5 said:

You're going to have to Zoom in for this one, but the Browns have a new script in the endzone. It's a cursive font that looks like the old one from Municipal stadium.

IMG_20170908_163056.jpg

IMG_20170908_163159.jpg

Awesome. Most end zones are boring nowadays and I'd love to see more throwback designs. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

16 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

You can sort of see it in this photo, but the Browns going with cursive "Browns" in each end zone. Not a wordmark I've ever seen before.

DJObuRNXUAIfvRD.jpg:large

If they are going retro, just go all the way and put the elf at midfield.

Nothing says "retro" quite like brown facemasks, contrast stitching, angular numbers with reverse drop shadows, and wordmarks on the pants. 

Back to the topic of the one-helmet rule.

If Tom Brady wants to wear an outdated helmet design, it's his choice. The league can't reasonably ban certain helmet designs for being "unsafe", because it would imply that the remaining designs are "safe", which they almost certainly aren't.

What I don't get is why this affects helmet switching at all.

Because if Brady wants to wear an older helmet, and everyone else switches to a different helmet for a game, how will they match?   They going to get out a can of spray paint?

Agreed about the safety thing; no helmets are actually safe, so it's not a good idea for the league to get too particular about what they mandate.  

On 9/8/2017 at 2:32 PM, BucksFan5 said:

You're going to have to Zoom in for this one, but the Browns have a new script in the endzone. It's a cursive font that looks like the old one from Municipal stadium.

IMG_20170908_163056.jpg

IMG_20170908_163159.jpg

That's one step in the right direction. Now they've just got to go full throwback on everything else.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 9/8/2017 at 3:51 PM, BigEd76 said:

DJOd3irXUAEn5eH.jpg:small

The Eagles are finally participating in the Captain patch program for the first time in its history

:censored:ing garbage.  What a stupid patch.  Unnecessary clutter and a silly design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A couple notes about the new Browns field design:

1. A member of their creative team said on Twitter that they are using the script as a throwback to the 80s (i.e. when the Browns were a perennial playoff team). The problem there is that they never used a script in the 80s. That end zone design didn't come around until the Belichick era in the 90s.

2. When was the last time an NFL team had a fully painted field with no logo on the 50? I don't mind it, but it's pretty rare.

16 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

1. A member of their creative team said on Twitter that they are using the script as a throwback to the 80s (i.e. when the Browns were a perennial playoff team). The problem there is that they never used a script in the 80s. That end zone design didn't come around until the Belichick era in the 90s.

2. When was the last time an NFL team had a fully painted field with no logo on the 50? I don't mind it, but it's pretty rare.

Good call on 1 and 2: 1996 Mile High Stadium or 1996 Tampa Stadium (maybe?)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

The browns usually don't have theirs till later in the season. Last year they didn't have endzone painted for a while.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Umm, that's not even remotely close to true. The Browns haven't had a regular season home game without the end zones painted since they last shared the old Municipal Stadium with the Indians in 1993.

Now, they've changed made in-season tweaks to the end zones designs here and there (ex: last year was brown end zone/orange letters for the first few games, then orange with white for the last few), but there has always been some sort of design as long as there was no need for a baseball infield.

Archived