NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick observation watching the Redskins/Eagles game. Some of the Skins are wearing white shoes, some black shoes & others team color shoes. So are players free to wear whatever they want now?

Also. Many of the Eagles are wearing white shoes. Did they change up for this season?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

43 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Quick observation watching the Redskins/Eagles game. Some of the Skins are wearing white shoes, some black shoes & others team color shoes. So are players free to wear whatever they want now?

Also. Many of the Eagles are wearing white shoes. Did they change up for this season?

The NFL laxed shoe rules this season to allow for a player's choice of white, black, or the "team designated color" shoe...navy for Pats, red for Falcons, etc, but it seems the overwhelming preference at least for today has been white. Detroit, Cleveland, and it looks like Cincinnati have all gone white and most of Arizona and Philly it appears have too. I saw a quote from Mohammad Sanu saying he loved the change because he'd never been on a team that wore white shoes but had always wanted to play in white shoes because that's what all teams in the league wore when he was growing up. It's amazing how just changing from a dark shoe to white can change up the whole look of the uni.

98Falcons.png

2 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

The browns usually don't have theirs till later in the season. Last year they didn't have endzone painted for a while.

From September 2016:

gettyimages-607544688.jpg?w=640&h=0&crop

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

30 minutes ago, robbman21 said:

The NFL laxed shoe rules this season to allow for a player's choice of white, black, or the "team designated color" shoe...navy for Pats, red for Falcons, etc, but it seems the overwhelming preference at least for today has been white. Detroit, Cleveland, and it looks like Cincinnati have all gone white and most of Arizona and Philly it appears have too. I saw a quote from Mohammad Sanu saying he loved the change because he'd never been on a team that wore white shoes but had always wanted to play in white shoes because that's what all teams in the league wore when he was growing up. It's amazing how just changing from a dark shoe to white can change up the whole look of the uni.

Thats a great nugget there. I'm of the opinion that white shoes look fantastic for basically every team. For me, the white shoes take me back to my first years as a Washington fan, going to games in 1999-2005 or so as a very young kid with my dad. They weren't good but I loved that Spurrier/Gibbs II era with the white shoes, etc. Lots of good nostalgia in 90s NFL design.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1 hour ago, robbman21 said:

I saw a quote from Mohammad Sanu saying he loved the change because he'd never been on a team that wore white shoes but had always wanted to play in white shoes because that's what all teams in the league wore when he was growing up. It's amazing how just changing from a dark shoe to white can change up the whole look of the uni.

That's super great for Mohammad Sanu.  Making him and other WR's and DB's (which is the diva/"look at me" position in the NFL) happy to do whatever the hell they want makes me feel good.

Maybe we'll let the players wear red socks and black socks and white socks too, so they'll all feel unique and cool. 

Its a UNIFORM.  From head to toe.  Now the NFL is just as lame as the NBA and MLB.  Which isn't good.

The Eagles and Redskins game looks like a high school game.  Good job NFL! 

Looks to me the Ravens still look like a team today.  And lo and behold, they are kicking the dog crap out of the sorry Bengals.

Ohh well, at least we still have college football who generally all look like TEAMS.  Nobody at Penn State is gonna be in white shoes.

4 hours ago, SteamerStan said:

No, they most certainly don't.

3 hours ago, SteamerStan said:

I despise the fact that the NFL has allowed teams to basically wear whatever they want for shoes.

These teams look so bushleague now, its not even funny.  Total fail NFL.  You don't have a "uniform" now.  And it looks like total crap.

Cleveland shouldn't return to their old look?

Players not all wearing the same color shoes?

Please just don't say "throwemback".

Turned to the SEA/GB game, and it looks like player's choice shoe color is truly in effect. Not the end of the world to me, but would much rather have a unified team shoe color.

As long as it doesn't end up like soccer where players can wear shoes completely outside of the teams color, I guess I can stomach it. Limiting shoe choices to black, white or team colors is better than letting players wear whatever.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived