NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new NFL graphics package on Fox is really nice. Today is the first I've seen it on TV, and it's such an elegant way to present football.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 9/8/2017 at 7:11 AM, BlueSky said:

archie-manning-saints-redskins-1975.jpg

That's a great look ... similar to their Color Rush set from last year.  The saints need to go back to that shade of gold.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Now that players can choose their individual shoe color, I've noticed that some of the players that opted for white shoes have the white bottom half of their socks pulled up ridiculously high.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Just now noticing the purple on the Vikings helmet doesn't seem to match the rest of the uniform. I guess it's as close as you're going to get with it being two different materials.

On TV the Vikings jersey appeared to have more of a blue tint to it tonight. Just my 2 ¢

NYCdog.png

50 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Is the cleat color rule no longer being enforced? Half the players on the Jets and Saints wore white cleats while the other half wore black cleats. I am sure this happened with a lot of other teams as well.

Basically happened with some of what used to be "black shoe teams".  Like you said, the Jets, Saints, Bengals and Eagles.  The Redskins have been a trainwreck for years so not even sure they count.   And it was mostly the skill players (the look at me guys) and DB's who tried to stand out and be different from the rest of the team. The usual white shoe teams were still pretty uniform.  With these new "do whatever you want" guidelines though, there are no more "uniforms" in the NFL anyway. 

The LA Football Clippers look pretty good in all-white, but they'd look a lot better if the bolt on the jerseys and pants was on a white background instead of a blue stripe and would therefore match the bolt on the white helmets. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Vikings jerseys looking very saturated on TV has been an issue since these uniforms were introduced.  It looks the worst indoors/under the lights and closest to looking correct under natural light.  It always looks fine in pictures so it's something about the TV cameras that makes the jerseys look off.

1 hour ago, SteamerStan said:

Basically happened with some of what used to be "black shoe teams".  Like you said, the Jets, Saints, Bengals and Eagles.  The Redskins have been a trainwreck for years so not even sure they count.   And it was mostly the skill players (the look at me guys) and DB's who tried to stand out and be different from the rest of the team. The usual white shoe teams were still pretty uniform.  With these new "do whatever you want" guidelines though, there are no more "uniforms" in the NFL anyway. 

I find that the quarterbacks typically wear the color of the cleats that is designated "official" by the team. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

I find that the quarterbacks typically wear the color of the cleats that is designated "official" by the team. 

With all the cleats talk, surprised no one has brought up Tom Brady. I keep waiting for him to click his heels three times while chanting "There's no place like home!"

Still pics don't do them justice - they looked almost luminescent on TV, like they were bedazzled or something.

screen-shot-2017-02-05-at-11.44.56-pm.pn

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On 9/10/2017 at 4:31 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Cleveland shouldn't return to their old look?

Players not all wearing the same color shoes?

Please just don't say "throwemback".

I scoped it right away. Also 95% of his posts are in NFL uniform threads and dennis rarely went outside those.

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 9/9/2017 at 8:39 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Nothing says "retro" quite like brown facemasks, contrast stitching, angular numbers with reverse drop shadows, and wordmarks on the pants. 

I’ll give you wordmarks on the pants, but many of the original “cow catcher” face masks were dipped in brown rubber, contrast stitching is a vintage technique that shows up more than you would think in old uniforms and workwear, and the Browns wore block numbers with a reverse drop shadow on their original jersey in the 1940s!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived