Buffalo

NFL 2017 changes?

53 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Any evidence of the reverse shadow?

Browns-1.gif

1946-cleveland-browns-uniforms-041415-ft

However, if this reproduction and painting are accurate the white jerseys had a conventional drop shadow.

132485639_1946-cleveland-browns-throwbacClevelandBrowns1946.jpg

20 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Browns-1.gif

1946-cleveland-browns-uniforms-041415-ft

However, if this reproduction and painting are accurate the white jerseys had a conventional drop shadow.

132485639_1946-cleveland-browns-throwbacClevelandBrowns1946.jpg

The white jersey did have the "down to the left" shadow, but the traditional technique is "down to the right." If you find examples of drop shadow numbers, you'll find several "down to the right" examples, but very few in this or any other orientations, which is why I called this a reverse shadow as well.

b75279f4a6e2b0ae7c70c2807a25ec58--otto-g

The current uniforms don't match either one.  The shadow is up and to the left.

The orange alts from the Jeff Garcia era used shadows that were down and to the right.  The Browns now have every direction covered.

6-orange-whitejpg-d7782bae870fb77a.jpg

The Texans' wide white outline is what the Saints need on their black jerseys. That and the old, darker gold would look amazing. They were almost there with the '94 throwbacks.

6183373104_07202a0ce8_o.jpg

^Holy hell, how many times have those been posted on here now? I see you're new here, so it's certainly not your fault @Brummie. But damn I'm sick of seeing those awful things lol.

I doubt they'll lax the one helmet rule any time soon. Those exist for the $$$

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, Brummie said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is late to the party or in the wrong thread but has anyone seen these Riddell alternative blaze helmets that are available now? Wondered (hoping) if maybe it's a prelude to a rule change allowing an alternative helmet next year perhaps with color rush?!

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000822910

dallas-cowboys_pg_600.jpg

I thought it was funny how they used both shades of blue for the Cowboys. I wonder how that could look as a real color scheme. Royal blue, navy blue, and silver.

6 hours ago, daveindc said:

I wonder how that could look as a real color scheme. Royal blue, navy blue, and silver.

There's already a Dallas team with that color scheme:

8035_dallas_mavericks-alternate-2015.gif.bd33658dc8d953a897ec04cd7ac92279.gif

On September 15, 2017 at 11:20 AM, McCarthy said:

At least the Bengals color rush unis looked good...

I wish the NFL would relax its helmet rule. While the Bengals look good in their Color Rush uni's a white helmet with black stripes would make them darn near perfect IMO.

Eagles (mostly) in black shoes today.  There's a few guys in all-whitje.  Not seeing any team-colored ones.

I'd certainly prefer uniformity, but this doesn't bother me as much as I'd normally expect it to.  TBH I barely even notice it unless i'm focused on one particular player, in which case what the others are wearing doesn't really matter.

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Eagles (mostly) in black shoes today.  There's a few guys in all-whitje.  Not seeing any team-colored ones.

I'd certainly prefer uniformity, but this doesn't bother me as much as I'd normally expect it to.  TBH I barely even notice it unless i'm focused on one particular player, in which case what the others are wearing doesn't really matter.

I've come to the realization that I'd rather the team be a mix of white and black shoes with no team color shoes rather than all black or white and team color.

22 hours ago, Viola73 said:

I wish the NFL would relax its helmet rule. While the Bengals look good in their Color Rush uni's a white helmet with black stripes would make them look like a bunch of zebras.

Fixed your post.

:P

18 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Ravens' end zone design looks really good today. 

I'm really upset that they didn't outline the numbers or trim the 20's and 50 like they did last year, but it's still a good looking field. To my knowledge the only teams to still trim and outline are the Vikings, Eagles, and Raiders (the latter two in the second half of the year). Although I guess some teams do one or the other (e.g. Bengals trim the 20's, Cowboys outline the numbers).