NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They’re not going to Kelly anytime soon, as they’re on record as saying they want to test it as an alt / throwback first, but can’t while the one-helmet rule is in effect. 

Speaking of the one helmet rule, why don't all the teams who have a throwback uniform that needs their helmet to complete the set, join in together to lift that rule? I know that someone told Eagles owner Lurie that the Eagles proposal about it wouldn't pass, but they should still try.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Because the one-helmet rule is a fig leaf to disguise the fact that the NFL is the single biggest impediment to addressing CTE.

If they lift that rule, they might be forced to make actual substantive rule changes.  And they're too cowardly to do that.

I was going to say 'because they don't care about the one helmet rule', but your answer is probably better.

Strike the probably. It's better.

It's where I sit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is new. Now they're going to treat individual players like boy scouts by affixing a patch on their uniforms like a badge for their achievements off the field. 

When was the last time an official jersey patch was put on a uniform that was for an individual off-field accomplishment?

Go A's!

19 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Well this is new. Now they're going to treat individual players like boy scouts by affixing a patch on their uniforms like a badge for their achievements off the field. 

When was the last time an official jersey patch was put on a uniform that was for an individual off-field accomplishment?

The captains patches are bad enough! This is dumb... I don’t like it. Those unaware will wonder why some players have Darth Vader on their jersey. 

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Can't wait for a team to have a captains patch, super bowl patch, anniversary patch and wp award patch. Not to mention a chest patch like the Jags, Chiefs, Jets or Steelers. We could potentially see 5 on the front of a guys jersey.

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

50c487953e49f18249556aa169258541--footba

adoree-jackson-rose-bowl-injury.jpg?itok011416-nfl-2017-NFL-Draft-pi-mp.vresize.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful that jersey is despite the patches? There's no reason the Saints shouldn't be wearing these full time. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 2017-11-28 at 7:21 AM, CoasterLine said:

I've been noticing this as well over the last month or so. Their usage of this mostly green version is becoming more prominent in their posts and promo. I have no problem with the current "midnight green" but the usage of black can sometimes be pretty heavy when it really isn't necessary. I absolutely despise their black 3rd jersey, especially when used with the black pants.

I wouldn't be sad to remove the black or tone it back considerably.

For reference, this is a comparison between what is considered their official logomark compared to what they have been using lately in social:

sOUoa98.png

For what it's worth -- I feel like this is basically what the Lions did last year right before they pulled the chute on black. I noticed they too were using blackless logos on their social media, some stadium signage, and the odd piece of merch... 

I'm a fan of the WPMOY patches in the jerseys. Mainly because these players are extraordinary both on and off the field, and players like Brees and Fitz deserve that extra bit of recognition.

a2BRS8U.png

42 minutes ago, H11K said:

players like Brees and Fitz deserve that extra bit of recognition.

Not on a team uniform, they don't.  Those are supposed to emphasize the team, not individuals.

If we're celebrating individual accomplishments, that's a different kind of uniform.

main-qimg-e04c1ccf3f47141257245ab148d15f

8b4a704bac0893bbdaaf68bc6b6655439d5e45d2

0df6c69b668e40aa2d87a28b562bbee9.jpg

28 minutes ago, H11K said:

I'm a fan of the WPMOY patches in the jerseys. Mainly because these players are extraordinary both on and off the field, and players like Brees and Fitz deserve that extra bit of recognition.

im with you, i really like this. that is a very honorable award and placing a badge on the winners jerseys calls attention to the very best leaders in the NFL. it will take some time to recognize what this extra patch is, but that starts the conversation and makes more people aware of the honor. it brings attention to who these players are and how they impact their communities and people around them— it makes them more than just a guy who plays football, and the NFL could definitely stand to have that message at the forefront of their marketing right now. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 12/7/2017 at 10:14 PM, Griffinmarlins said:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful that jersey is despite the patches? There's no reason the Saints shouldn't be wearing these full time. 

Couldn't agree more. Bought one last year, and it's my favorite of the five or six Saints jerseys I own.

Since the nfl relaxed the color rush rule (and the cowboys are set to go navy jersey/color rush white pants) are teams allowed to mix/match now or is it still color rush or your regular or alternative uniforms? For example, could the ravens wear purple pants with a white jersey?

KISSwall09.jpg

On 12/7/2017 at 7:22 PM, phutmasterflex said:

Now they're going to treat individual players like boy scouts by affixing a patch on their uniforms like a badge for their achievements off the field. 

Interesting.  I had no idea that Drew Brees played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars movies.

11 minutes ago, hormone said:

Since the nfl relaxed the color rush rule (and the cowboys are set to go navy jersey/color rush white pants) are teams allowed to mix/match now or is it still color rush or your regular or alternative uniforms? For example, could the ravens wear purple pants with a white jersey?

I think it depends if it is a designated "Color Rush" game.  I could be wrong, though. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, hormone said:

There's no rule stating a limit on how many pairs of pants teams can wear. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived