NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

right, but why the post?

To show that the Rams might be going navy and white? I know it's been like that all the season but the guy who made the post may not know that.

1 hour ago, Jt0323 said:

5O8KUtX.png

thought this was interesting. Rams officially make the change?

That's been a Fanatics thing (aka NFL Shop) since October.  (edit just realized I'm echoing IceCap)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just a reminder. Please don't use Sports Logos threads to post concepts. If you have a concept you want to share we encourage you to post it in the Concepts sub-forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

8 hours ago, hawk36 said:

The "F" is something that drives me crazy. No need for it, especially when it's a backward "F" on one side of the helmet and jersey. Give up trying to force an "F" shape and make a better looking logo. 

nike_elite_51_uniform_falcons.jpeg

Those old Bucs unis tho... RIP.

29 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Eh, those Bucs jerseys were prime 90's and should never have made it anywhere near the mid-oughts before refining.

MDdJq.gif

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

To show that the Rams might be going navy and white? I know it's been like that all the season but the guy who made the post may not know that.

this. Thanks, yeah I never noticed until today. sorry, carry on! 

19 hours ago, hawk36 said:

The "F" is something that drives me crazy. No need for it, especially when it's a backward "F" on one side of the helmet and jersey. Give up trying to force an "F" shape and make a better looking logo. 

nike_elite_51_uniform_falcons.jpeg

Yes, its an F. The original was an F. Why should we drop 51 years of a stylized F? If we made it a 3/4 view we'd look just like the old Eagles logo. If we did just the head we'd look like the ugly child of the Ravens and Cards. It works for us and there's no reason to change it. Beyond that, we just made the wings pattern part of our new stadium section design in the open east end. So sorry y'all but you're stuck with it. Change the jerseys but the logo is staying. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

The new Falcons logo is great to me. Both old and new make for :censored:ty Fs but that's irrelevant to me. What's the point of it being an F anyway? We can see that it's a Falcon. It'd be more interesting if it was an A instead.

But the F isn't so explicit as to be distracting. As logos the new one seems like a perfect, sleek update to the old, more static (as mentioned) logo. The old one is cool but I much prefer the current look.

15 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Eh, those Bucs jerseys were prime 90's and should never have made it anywhere near the mid-oughts before refining.

And you see where that type of thinking gets you...  a few years back, the Buccaneers "refined" their jerseys into a steaming pile of crap.

Ahh, the old "mix of upper case and lower case letters" trick.  Generally speaking, one of my pet peeves.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived