Jump to content

NFL 2017 changes?


Buffalo
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Except that logo in the "2013?" is incorrect. This is the real one:

 

MV6s175.png

I'd really be interested in seeing this dolphin and sunburst, but with the dolphin in the old pose.. Maybe even a 2nd version with a helmet as well.. Just to really compare apples to apples with the two logos.. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I'd really be interested in seeing this dolphin and sunburst, but with the dolphin in the old pose.. Maybe even a 2nd version with a helmet as well.. Just to really compare apples to apples with the two logos.. ?

 

Pretty sure I've seen someone make it before. It looked fine but I think without the helmet the current pose works better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 1997 update is much better if you take the goofy helmet off the dolphin. I will say that's the one thing the 2013 update got right. 

 

Outside of that one thing however, the 2013 logo looks like it belongs on a low budget, Caribbean airline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

The 1997 update is much better if you take the goofy helmet off the dolphin. I will say that's the one thing the 2013 update got right. 

 

Outside of that one thing however, the 2013 logo looks like it belongs on a low budget, Caribbean airline. 

The '97 logo looks like a character from Sponge Bob Squarepants.  Whatever deficiencies the new logo has, it is better than an angry cartoon dolphin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

Could the Rams be the worst dressed team in a super bowl?

In the Rams uniform thread I posted that I was happy to see the Rams succeed in LA, but hope they don't win a Super Bowl in these transition uniforms lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

Could the Rams be the worst dressed team in a super bowl?

 

We won't know until we see what they're wearing in a few years.  Right now I'm just hoping the Eagles don't wear their "slow" green pants in the big game this year.

 

23 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Highly doubt it. The Bills were sold a few years ago and never went through a makeover.

 

One has nothing to do with the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

So, uh, does Jerry Richardson selling mean the Panthers are heading for a makeover?

Richardson did say the team would not change the uniforms while he's the owner (actually he said while he's still alive, but same difference :P). New ownership may want to change things up. Gotta wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering why Richardson’s selling, how much that look is tied to him, and how brand-stainingly ugly this is going to get, I’d be surprised if the new owners don’t change the uniforms. 

 

This isn’t the Bills sale, but much closer to Sterling selling the Clippers. 

 

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

So, uh, does Jerry Richardson selling mean the Panthers are heading for a makeover?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Considering why Richardson’s selling, how much that look is tied to him, and how brand-stainingly ugly this is going to get, I’d be surprised if the new owners don’t change the uniforms. 

 

This isn’t the Bills sale, but much closer to Sterling selling the Clippers. 

 

 

 

Is it though?  Is this national news?  Seriously, I don't know.  I haven't heard it come up anywhere outside of ESPN and sports sites, while the Sterling thing was everywhere, and even people who had never heard of the LA Clippers knew about that story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Considering why Richardson’s selling, how much that look is tied to him, and how brand-stainingly ugly this is going to get, I’d be surprised if the new owners don’t change the uniforms. 

 

This isn’t the Bills sale, but much closer to Sterling selling the Clippers. 

 

 

 

If the Panthers are still wearing the same uniforms in two or three years, nobody will think anything of it.  That’s how quickly people forget in current news cycles.

 

It’s not really close to Sterling.  Sterling fought the accusations and didn’t sell the team until he was banned for life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

If the Panthers are still wearing the same uniforms in two or three years, nobody will think anything of it.  That’s how quickly people forget in current news cycles.

 

It’s not really close to Sterling.  Sterling fought the accusations and didn’t sell the team until he was banned for life.

It's much closer to Sterling than anything the NFL has seen. An owner selling in disgrace, especially in this climate, is kind of a big deal.

 

This is big news now, it'll be big news when the sale process begins, and it'll be big news when the team is sold. Richardson's actions will be dredged up over and over and over again as this progresses.

 

There's not an easier way for the next owner to turn the page than get new uniforms. Besides, these uniforms are 22 years old and by no means iconic.

 

The Panthers will be getting new uniforms. I'd be stunned if they don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.