NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’ve always kinda liked the helmet that the dolphin is wearing better than the Dolphins’ actual helmet. :P

Maybe they could have a mascot dress-up uniform where they wear the M on the helmet, and go with Aqua jerseys with BYU-style white bibs and navy trim?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Indeed. It’s a real skill. 

It just kills me that the Brewers’ throwback logo was accidentally altered when a designer at MLB Properties messed up the Illustrator file.

Are you talking about the webbing in the glove?  That was caused by a goofy error?  You'd think there'd be a vetting process to catch that.  Hilarious.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

13 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’ve always kinda liked the helmet that the dolphin is wearing better than the Dolphins’ actual helmet. :P

There’s a science to composing and constructing vector artwork. Over the years, I’ve found that building great artwork is just as much a skill as the creative part of the process. It’s quite a bit more technical and rigid, though, which is why many designers aren’t good at it, even if they’re good designers.

+1 on the Dolphins helmet

whats most frustrating about logos like the Panthers and 'Canes though, is it gets put through a large process with so many people seeing it before they go out and they still end up where they did. theres lots of variables in the process that could influence the concept or general look, but how many people on the creative side see them and still allow craftsmanship, or lack thereof, like that to go out? maybe one designer works on it, but theres multiple people that get their eyes on it too— design is never done alone. both logos look like first versions that got final approval. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

What’s the point of that supposed to be?

Looks like just some design for their social media. It's on their Instagram also, and similar designs are used inside the pics.

Looks weird around the logo inside the avatar though.

thats all part of the 2017 Colts marketing campaign, #ColtsForged. a lot of the elements revolve around branding irons and whatnot; horseshoe stuff. the "midwest beige" or whatever (i just call it Farmer's Tan) is a part of that as well. there were some elements i didnt see used this year too like a "100% beef" tag that was intended for OL images that would have expanded this look, but all for the best they kept things to a minimum. as a fan, im not a fan

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

8 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

thats all part of the 2017 Colts marketing campaign, #ColtsForged. a lot of the elements revolve around branding irons and whatnot; horseshoe stuff. the "midwest beige" or whatever (i just call it Farmer's Tan) is a part of that as well. there were some elements i didnt see used this year too like a "100% beef" tag that was intended for OL images that would have expanded this look, but all for the best they kept things to a minimum. as a fan, im not a fan

Ha. Farmer tan means something different.

It's where I sit.

Archived