NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Ahh, the old "mix of upper case and lower case letters" trick.  Generally speaking, one of my pet peeves.

Agreed. Stick to one or the other. Glad they did get rid of the black(presumably). 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

35 minutes ago, GFB said:

That's a terrible wordmark. Hopefully that's just the work of an intern.

They should have just removed the silver outline all together. You don't need it.

Since they have silver helmets (and presumably will be sticking with them - I can't imagine them in anything else), presumably the logo on the helmet will look outline-free.

This would be a similar change to what the Panthers did a few years ago, which was a huge improvement.

Picture1.png

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 11/16/2016 at 11:16 AM, CS85 said:

I think the Bengals helmets just need a bit of extra flavor.  Have some white in there, a bit of texture maybe.  Define the helmet as a tiger's fur.  Hell, take the Jags idea, just execute it better.

Matte black rear 1/3 of the helmet fades into matte orange with matte black stripes with white accents.  Could look cool.

Simplify the uniforms by going to a borderless, marginally stylized block numeral.  Retain wordmark.  

Something like this could work, too.  I think somebody around here made it.

Bengals%20Speedflex%206%20view_zpsfaf27h

I'm a Bengals' fan and I've always liked their current helmets.  I wish they'd simplify their uniforms and de-emphasize the stripes on the jerseys and pants (maybe go with something like Memphis has).  But I actually really like this design.  You'd have to go with really conservative uniforms though or else it would be overkill.  But this would allow something like the color rush uniform to make more sense.  

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

I like the Lions ditching the black and I don't mind the new wordmark, it's not great but I hated their old one and the number font that mimicked it. That font ruined their jerseys for me.

Might just be the nostalgia talking but I wouldn't mind if they brought back this wordmark:

475.gif

On another note, I know the Panthers just changed their helmet logo but I think the funky stripes on their helmets are dated. The rest of the uniform set are fine although I do wish they'd make up their mind about whether they want to incorporate silver or not.  I've always liked the look of silver helmets/pants or gold helmets/pants and the NFC South already has a black helmet team with the Falcons, but I've seen this car sticker around Charlotte a lot and I thought it would look good on a helmet

Carolina Panthers cat car window sticker decal in blue

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

Since they have silver helmets (and presumably will be sticking with them - I can't imagine them in anything else), presumably the logo on the helmet will look outline-free.

This would be a similar change to what the Panthers did a few years ago, which was a huge improvement.

Picture1.png

I think the Lions logo will still have a white outline. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

I like the Lions ditching the black and I don't mind the new wordmark, it's not great but I hated their old one and the number font that mimicked it. That font ruined their jerseys for me.

Might just be the nostalgia talking but I wouldn't mind if they brought back this wordmark:

475.gif

I always felt that this didn't fit with their identity. It gives off sort of a Texas/western vibe. I like(d?) their current word mark. This new one is horrible.

Removal of the black is great. It muddles things up. Return to Honolulu blue and silver across the board.

sig.png

Archived