NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JerseyJosh said:

How long until Patriots figure out how to hack other teams hemets to steal their plays and/or make them run different plays?

#hackgate

If you're not hacking, you're not trying. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That looks cool and all, but the sport will not survive unless it gets rid of helmets. New fancy billboard helmets are a step in the wrong direction. 

I don't see helmets going away anytime soon. But honestly, stuffing the helmets full of fancy expensive tech might subconsciously convince players to be careful with them and not use them as battering rams. And that would accomplish the same goal as getting rid of them entirely would.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 2/9/2017 at 9:55 AM, JWhiz96 said:

I think you're right. The NFL in general doesn't like logos that omit team colors (which is a big reason why the Packers revised their logo in 1980 and the Steelers theirs in 1997).

Whoa. Wait up.

The 1969-01 Steelers logo already included the team's colors.

The Patriots are marching down the field in overtime of Super Bowl LI, but the most heated action isn't on the field. Behind the scenes, raucous bidding is taking place between the league's biggest advertisers-- unprecedented maneuvering for this unprecedented turn of events. The Patriots line up on the Falcons' two-yard line. A winner is declared. Tom Brady pitches the ball to James White. A few quick keystrokes from an NFL technician activate White's state-of-the-art OLED helmet display just after the RB clutches the ball. As the 112 million live viewers around the world collectively hold their breath, they see an incredible effort by White to reach the end zone... and a Taco Bell logo flash to life on his helmet.

I can't wait for the future.

12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I don't see helmets going away anytime soon. But honestly, stuffing the helmets full of fancy expensive tech might subconsciously convince players to be careful with them and not use them as battering rams. And that would accomplish the same goal as getting rid of them entirely would.

You really think players would be worried about expensive OLED displays on their helmets?  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, TVIXX said:

Nothing describes Los angeles like a drab navy,grey color scheme

I guess there is a splash of red in this one, depending on what year you're talking about.

1e3e7a5e097b8f399724f7056e838e3f.jpg

tom_ramsey_1984_03_04.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMBIwL_QwOl7Nod82M0SW

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived