NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/19/2016 at 0:36 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Falcons new throwback looks good even with the black helmet. Although the red would look way better imo

tempHero_Composite--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

I personally much prefer the black helmets to the red lids, so I'm glad that they went with the black helmets here.

If they were to make this a full-time home or alt uniform - and they very much should - there's a great potential solution to the problem of a black logo on a black helmet: make the Falcon red. Obviously the same would have to go for the sleeve falcon.

Make red and white versions of this jersey, and the Falcons would go from being one of the worst dressed teams in the league to one of the best instantaneously.

As a side note, the Northwestern stripe in the background doesn't show up anywhere in the uniform. Why would they put that Northwestern stripe in the graphic? Very odd.

On 10/21/2016 at 0:04 AM, The Nation said:

This was beautiful.  I think a slight modernization on this set and we're golden!

img13934572.jpg

There's two ways you can go about this:

1. Put silver accents in the eagle's wing on the helmet, outline the numbers in silver, and make the pant stripe green-silver-green.

2. Put green accents in the eagle's wing on the helmet, use white collars and cuffs, and leave everything else unchanged.

Either would look great.

17 minutes ago, kroywen said:

As a side note, the Northwestern stripe in the background doesn't show up anywhere in the uniform. Why would they put that Northwestern stripe in the graphic? Very odd.

The original uniform (see below, player in the background) had Northwestern stripes on the socks.  They just don't show up on this set because of the way the socks were worn (though I swear I saw someone yesterday with the full stripes showing).

falconzvssteelersii.jpg

EDIT -- Found one from yesterday.

12243270_G.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/21/2016 at 10:20 PM, larrypep said:

When I think of the Philadelphia Eagles, I think of this.  The wacky sleeve striping has always been an Eagles thing.  

aaiy135.jpg

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

That's the Eagles in my mind's eye too. Would be great to see an updated version of this.

AJUNK_zpswlzdg4my.png

I wouldn't mind a change for the eagles, but here is a thought why a change may be difficult.  The seats at the Linc are dark green which shouldn't be an issue.  But the current eagles logo is blended into the seats.

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I wouldn't mind a change for the eagles, but here is a thought why a change may be difficult.  The seats at the Linc are dark green which shouldn't be an issue.  But the current eagles logo is blended into the seats.

The eagle logo is the very least of their problems.  

And even if they redesigned, the Eagles could keep it as a secondary.  

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I don't think that's an issue at all (dark green). Century Link was done in the old Seahawks colors (slightly different blue) and also works well for the Sounders (yet another different blue).

The Eagles' green seats are close enough to typical forest green seats that are popular at ballparks (and some football stadiums, like Paul Brown Stadium) that I think it would look fine, even if the Eagles were to go back to kelly green.

Worth keeping in mind that it's far from unprecedented for a team to use seats that are a darker shade from what they typically wear. The Cowboys wear royal blue on their white jerseys, yet have navy seats (furthering the eternal color conundrum that team has, but that's a different story). The Royals are a royal blue team, and have navy seats. The Lions wear columbia blue, but have navy seats, etc. (And as an odd twist on this, the old Yankee Stadium went in the opposite direction - much lighter seats than what the team wore.)

All they would need to do is replace the seats within the Eagles logo in the upper deck, and it'd look fine. And that's not terribly expensive. They could probably more than recoup the cost by selling the old seats that were being replaced.

I found this on Shutterstock.... which came first? Because somebody's not doing something right..or did Cleveland shutterstock their Dawg Pound logo? Lol, wouldn't put it past them.

http://premier.shutterstock.com/image/detail-336886349/mascot-head-of-bulldog

stock-vector-mascot-head-of-bulldog-336886349.jpg

logo2.0.jpg

Did that logo not come from Nike?  It was unveiled in the same package as the new tweaked primary, which the team said came from Nike.

I don't know how Shutterstock works; is it possible that somebody started with the Nike logo and "created" their own version for upload?

8 minutes ago, usulkane said:

Would love if they did this EXCEPT for one detail. The wings on the helmet. I always thought the current wings were too busy in terms and too rounded off at the front. Just give me back the silver wings with white outline. The older wings (Jaworski/ Cunningham era's) were more like a 45 degree angle at the front.

I agree.  Everything about the redesign is outstanding but I prefer the old school wings, just silver with white.  

Archived