NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New York Giants Color Rush unis will change for sure.. EDITED FOR CLARITY: .Riddell has discontinued selling the the full-size replica and mini Speed helmets that were a homage to the Giants teams of the 80s, thus likely signaling some sort of change to the Giants' Color Rush uniforms.  Other 2016 Color Rush helmets are still for sale and have not been discontinued (e.g, Broncos, Jets, Cardinals)...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The New York Giants Color Rush unis will change for sure...Riddell has discontinued the blue helmets that were a homage to the 80s.  

Giants color rush used the same helmets as normal uniforms - they have to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Giants color rush used the same helmets as normal uniforms - they have to.

They used the same helmets, but different decals and facemasks for Color Rush... 

In retail, the GIANTS Color Rush helmet has been discontinued.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

They used the same helmets, but different decals and facemasks for Color Rush... 

Are you trying to say they can't make white face masks and new decals?

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

They don't wear retail helmets on the field. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They don't wear retail helmets on the field. 

His point is that if they have been discontinued at retail, then it's likely there is a change coming on the field. 

If that's the point then it really wasn't worded well. 

They were here supposed to have the all whites and also a colored one that we haven't seen yet. It's likely that the colored one would just use the current helmet decal. 

43 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If that's the point then it really wasn't worded well. 

They were here supposed to have the all whites and also a colored one that we haven't seen yet. It's likely that the colored one would just use the current helmet decal. 

It was worded fine.  Next time I'll make sure to dumb it down for you.

The Giants are going to have an all-blue or an all-red Color Rush uniform?  You sure about that?  They were going to be the only team with two sets of Color Rush unis (whites and blues/reds)?  There is nothing on the internet that confirms that...

And if you want to complain about my wording..."They were here supposed to have the all whites" isn't A+ wording.

23 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The New York Giants Color Rush unis will change for sure...Riddell has discontinued the blue helmets that were a homage to the 80s.  

Blow me dude. 

Taken literally, you're stating that the blue helmets that were for color rush were discontinued, when in reality there were no color-rush specific helmets - just their normal ones. 

You could have said "I think that the Giants color rush will change based on the fact that Russell has discontinued the replica version, which indicates that it's no longer going to be used on field". 

I wasnt the only one that was confused. The only way to make it less clear would be to literally just mash keys and click "post". 

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Blow me dude. 

Taken literally, you're stating that the blue helmets that were for color rush were discontinued, when in reality there were no color-rush specific helmets - just their normal ones. 

You could have said "I think that the Giants color rush will change based on the fact that Russell has discontinued the replica version, which indicates that it's no longer going to be used on field". 

I wasnt the only one that was confused. The only way to make it less clear would be to literally just mash keys and click "post". 

And you could have asked "What exactly are you talking about?" rather than your :censored:ty snarkiness that you usually type.

The fact that other people understood my point means your argument is pretty moot.  Shocked face:  

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

And you could have asked "What exactly are you talking about?" rather than your :censored:ty snarkiness that you usually type.

The fact that other people understood my point means your argument is pretty moot.  Shocked face:  

There exists no universe in which your original post conveyed the message you were trying to deliver.  I did follow up with a few posts to get the clarity needed to understand what you were saying.  It's already been pointed out what important information was missing from the OP.  Doubling down on it is just making you sound dumb.

These are my last words on it.  Feel free to get your last words in on me then we can move on before Ice Cap spanks us.

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

There exists no universe in which your original post conveyed the message you were trying to deliver.  I did follow up with a few posts to get the clarity needed to understand what you were saying.  It's already been pointed out what important information was missing from the OP.  Doubling down on it is just making you sound dumb.

These are my last words on it.  Feel free to get your last words in on me then we can move on before Ice Cap spanks us.

I'm just laughing at this.  I'm sorry that you had no idea Riddell sells retail products based on what is worn on the field.  Connecting the dots is pretty tough in South Philly, huh?

And way to "follow up" with your :censored:ty posts that didn't ask for clarity on anything.  

Anyway, tell us more about the multiple Color Rush sets the Giants were going to wear that wasn't confirmed by anybody.

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm just laughing at this.  I'm sorry that you had no idea Riddell sells retail products based on what is worn on the field.  Connecting the dots is pretty tough in South Philly, huh?

And way to "follow up" with your :censored:ty posts that didn't ask for clarity on anything.  

Anyway, tell us more about the multiple Color Rush sets the Giants were going to wear that wasn't confirmed by anybody.

Dude, calm down. Sometimes you're just wrong and need to accept it rather than making it worse for yourself. Your original post was worded in a way which made your point much harder to comprehend than you intended. And that's okay, we understand the point you were trying to make now, so what's the big deal with admitting that you could've worded it better? Just because you knew what your initial comment was trying to say doesn't mean the rest of us did. @BringBackTheVet's certainly not the only one who had a hard time understanding what you said so don't just get pissed at him for pointing out the confusion that was caused. Now let's put an end to this so this thread isn't completely derailed by a nonsensical and unimportant argument.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Dude, calm down. Sometimes you're just wrong and need to accept it rather than making it worse for yourself. Your original post was worded in a way which made your point much harder to comprehend than you intended. And that's okay, we understand the point you were trying to make now, so what's the big deal with admitting that you could've worded it better? Just because you knew what your initial comment was trying to say doesn't mean the rest of us did. @BringBackTheVet's certainly not the only one who had a hard time understanding what you said so don't just get pissed at him for pointing out the confusion.

It's incredibly annoying when people take snarky pot-shots on the wording rather than asking about it.  That's what irked me.  

I knew what I was trying to say, and I follow what Riddell sells probably more than the majority of the people on this board. My original post on the matter has been updated. I apologize for the confusion.  

Archived