NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So, you didn't answer my request for data.  I'll assume it doesn't exist.

Put another way - I can't imagine that the Packers would ever change their jersey style to a newer template.  I've never heard a single fan in all my years of attending games at Lambeau Field ask for them to change. [that's at least a real comment on the situation at hand].

As a lifelong Packer fan, I cannot stand the  inconsistencies with the old Ripon jerseys and would love to see them upgrade to the Vapor template.

Lineman often wear a completely different cut than the skill players (cut worn by Matthews vs cut worn by Rodgers), some still modify to the Donald Driver-esque jersey collar, front/back numbers are stretched horizontally on lineman, and the top sleeve stripe has slowly disappeared due to *some* modifications.

The modifications themselves are even inconsistent in that on some jerseys, like Nelsons last year, the top stripe has a rounded edge whereas as on other jerseys, like that of Matthews, the tops does not have the rounded edge.

To me this is as sloppy as sloppy gets and makes the Packers, one of the premier NFL franchises of the last 25 years, look semi-pro. 

6 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Is it just me or is that Kelly Green instead of the normal Army Green being used?

It's the same green they normally use (they officially call it "Hunter Green"). The lighting in the second picture does make it look somewhat like Kelly green, but it's not.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Chico said:

Two more shots of the Jets jersey from Jets Twitter. 

IMG_20170427_174500.jpg

I thought one of the big deals with this template is that there were no front seams, yet there's clearly one on that Jets jersey.  Does the template in fact have front seams?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

I thought one of the big deals with this template is that there were no front seams, yet there's clearly one on that Jets jersey.  Does the template in fact have front seams?

Only for teams with shoulder striping, such as the Colts, Jags, and Jets.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The disappointing part is we won't see all of the jerseys tonight with how many players stayed at home. Might have to wait a bit for their introductory press conferences to see them, but I'm sure some clubs will just issue them whatever jersey they've still got stock of lying around. Based on that note earlier said about the Falcons, I want to see that jersey, but I'm sure there's a slim chance a late round pick won't even be in attendance.

15 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Please tell me they fixed their damn stripes. Also, hard to say for sure, but they look a bit thicker than usual.

I agree that the stripes do look a bit thicker than usual, and it almost looks like there may only be two stripes instead of three. Here's another look:

IMG_3707.thumb.PNG.57cb1f496a245ee1e4ca8ec62bfcc859.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

44 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Whatever became of the Eagles considering moving back to Kelly green? Is that something they gave up on, or something that will be happening in a few seasons?

They want to test it as an alt first, but can't due to the one-helmet rule.  They petitioned the league to allow second helmets, but then dropped it once they realized it wasnt going to happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived