NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2017 at 11:56 PM, aawagner011 said:

NFL Shop is now promoting the new jerseys for sale. Most teams appear to have some kind of new gear up.

http://m.nflshop.com/Jerseys/so/newest_items

IMG_8954.PNG

Accord to the NFL site, Nike Vapor Untouchable jerseys are available to 21 teams.  Colts, Bills, Cowboys, Bears, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Ravens, and Browns are not listed.  Looks like the Falcons are switching to this template from the basic that the Packers and Panthers are still using. 

32 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.10.05 AM.png

This is one of the greatest days of my life. I wonder what state the Seahawks fans will represent. British Columbia?

(Yes I know that BC is not a state but a province)

PersonDivided-2-1.png

11 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I ended up DMing with them. They said thank you, that they'd notify the appropriate people, and then gave a credit to my account :) 

That's awesome!  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, Huntr said:

Accord to the NFL site, Nike Vapor Untouchable jerseys are available to 21 teams.  Colts, Bills, Cowboys, Bears, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Ravens, and Browns are not listed.  Looks like the Falcons are switching to this template from the basic that the Packers and Panthers are still using. 

I could be wrong, but aren't the Browns and Bucs custom Nike templates? Most of the jersey looks like the old template, but there seem to be different seams around the shoulders. I'm also wondering if the contrasting stitching would be more difficult on the new template.

Can't look any worse than this...

-f09eaa2772224ae2.jpg

6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I could be wrong, but aren't the Browns and Bucs custom Nike templates? Most of the jersey looks like the old template, but there seem to be different seams around the shoulders. I'm also wondering if the contrasting stitching would be more difficult on the new template.

Can't look any worse than this...

-f09eaa2772224ae2.jpg

certainly possible there's something about the Browns uniform (or any single team) that is unique to support their design. with this though, i'm not seeing anything that stands out to my eye from the standard Elite51. it makes sense that if they really like the contrast stitching they would stick with this template, because the VU only has 4 or 5 pieces that make up the jersey. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Anyone know if Denver is reverting back to the 'D' logo?

I just spotted the following screen freeze on the espn main page under the header of 'QB battles'.

Don't follow the league but these players look like current members.

Would be super stoked if that 80s/90s era Broncos set comes back, especially the D with the kicking bronco.

r208076_2_576x324_16-9.jpg&w=272&h=153&s

2 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

Anyone know if Denver is reverting back to the 'D' logo?

I just spotted the following screen freeze on the espn main page under the header of 'QB battles'.

Don't follow the league but these players look like current members.

Would be super stoked if that 80s/90s era Broncos set comes back, especially the D with the kicking bronco.

r208076_2_576x324_16-9.jpg&w=272&h=153&s

That's just their Color Rush uniform. Their main uniforms are not changing, and neither are the logos. They'll continue wearing the 'D' logo with their Color Rush set, but that's it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That's just their Color Rush uniform. Their main uniforms are not changing, and neither are the logos. They'll continue wearing the 'D' logo with their Color Rush set, but that's it.

Ah okay thanks for the info.

They changed to the current set exactly 20 years ago.  That's gotta be a record duration for a 'new era' set in pro football.

Selfishly I just feel like a change/reversion is overdue but I imagine Broncos fans are content seeing how they've won 3 titles in these.

3 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

certainly possible there's something about the Browns uniform (or any single team) that is unique to support their design. with this though, i'm not seeing anything that stands out to my eye from the standard Elite51. it makes sense that if they really like the contrast stitching they would stick with this template, because the VU only has 4 or 5 pieces that make up the jersey. 

The only part I noticed was on the shoulder striping. It almost looks like there's two extra seams without contrasting stitching. Where the angled "notch" is at the bottom of the stripe and another vertical seam that runs along the edge of the stripe. I don't see how it could be an issue with the VU, but who knows. I was just hoping they would switch to get rid of the flywire collar.

gty_488101182_75866766.jpg?w=1000&h=600&

Archived