NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

I believe the Browns jersey was made specifically for the Elite 51 template with the contrast stitching design element. If they move to Vapor then they will have to either get rid of the stitching or find some miserable way to work it in, also I'm pretty sure that this would fall under the strict NFL uniform change rules because it's an actual design element so they're probably stuck with it.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derek94 said:

Ah okay thanks for the info.

They changed to the current set exactly 20 years ago.  That's gotta be a record duration for a 'new era' set in pro football.

Selfishly I just feel like a change/reversion is overdue but I imagine Broncos fans are content seeing how they've won 3 titles in these.

There are some pretty bad uniforms from that era that have managed to hang on.  The Patriots at least have the sheen of success burnishing their rather lackluster unis.  The Broncos also had early success that locked these into place.  What the Brewers' excuse is, I'll never know. 

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

There are some pretty bad uniforms from that era that have managed to hang on.  The Patriots at least have the sheen of success burnishing their rather lackluster unis.  The Broncos also had early success that locked these into place.  What the Brewers' excuse is, I'll never know. 

Certainly you forgot the one season when they were WildCard Champions.3387652866_ef9878f13f_o.jpg

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

The only part I noticed was on the shoulder striping. It almost looks like there's two extra seams without contrasting stitching. Where the angled "notch" is at the bottom of the stripe and another vertical seam that runs along the edge of the stripe. I don't see how it could be an issue with the VU, but who knows. I was just hoping they would switch to get rid of the flywire collar.

gty_488101182_75866766.jpg?w=1000&h=600&

yea i see it here. the seam that forms the cut in the stripe is normal for the template, but the other more vertical seam is unique to the Browns as far as i know— off the top of my head no other team comes to mind. good eye!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Certainly you forgot the one season when they were WildCard Champions.3387652866_ef9878f13f_o.jpg

Wow, that's almost as bad as all those participation banners the Colts hang in the Lucas Oil rafters.

16 hours ago, Derek94 said:

Ah okay thanks for the info.

They changed to the current set exactly 20 years ago.  That's gotta be a record duration for a 'new era' set in pro football.

Selfishly I just feel like a change/reversion is overdue but I imagine Broncos fans are content seeing how they've won 3 titles in these.

The Panthers have had their uniforms since their inaugural season in 1995, with the exception being the updated logo.

UUkgTjb.png

1 hour ago, MGoBlue98 said:

I just wanna know, why do the Cowboys have black anywhere on their uniforms? http://m.fanatics.com/NFL_Dallas_Cowboys_Mens_Jerseys/Tony_Romo_Dallas_Cowboys_Nike_Limited_Jersey_-_White

i believe the reasoning was so it would be a better read on TV back in the day. a dumb solution to the right problem if you ask me; they never needed the black for the blue stripes to read well. its also why the pants are the color that they are. somehow they looked more metallic/silver on TV with that green tint

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 5/11/2017 at 11:53 AM, PaleVermilion81 said:

I ended up DMing with them. They said thank you, that they'd notify the appropriate people, and then gave a credit to my account :) 

For helping 'em out?  Or because they thought you'd bought one?  (I have too much OCD for the latter; I'd be bugging 'em to un-credit and saying "NO NO NO, idiots, the STICKER is wrong...I don't want your money.  I just want you to stop being dumb.")

The image on the fanatics page screenshot says "few left."  That implies that several people purchased the sticker.  I tend to doubt the honesty on that one.

For all the mocking of the counterfeit sites we do, it's hilarious to see a legit site do this.  I get someone designing it, but how does it get all the way to the point of going on sale?  And there's also a Seahawks one on the site now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, PerCR said:

The Panthers have had their uniforms since their inaugural season in 1995, with the exception being the updated logo.

Indeed I just saw both the 1995 and 2016 images on google and not a modicum of change!  

McCaffery is going to wear the same uni Frank Reich did.

And the more I consider the design I'd say their set is pretty era-proof.  

They could be like the Steelers/Raiders/Pack/Bears type teams and stick with this for a very long time with just simple additions like black or blue pants.

1995-carolina-panthers-frakn-reich-2.jpg

54 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

Indeed I just saw both the 1995 and 2016 images on google and not a modicum of change!  

McCaffery is going to wear the same uni Frank Reich did.

And the more I consider the design I'd say their set is pretty era-proof.  

They could be like the Steelers/Raiders/Pack/Bears type teams and stick with this for a very long time with just simple additions like black or blue pants.

1995-carolina-panthers-frakn-reich-2.jpg

And for a little bit in that first season they blue socks with silver pants. 

Go A's!

Archived