NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Jets uniforms ...not looking terrible with the new cut. Let's see how it holds up with sweat. 

Screenshot_20170522-195444-02.jpeg

Much better than before. That said, it's too bad that the seam on the upper chest is located up so high - the team logo would look better if it fell above the seam, rather than below it.  As it is, it's awkwardly down low.

When the current uniforms first debuted in 1998, the logo was placed up higher:

640x-1.jpg

3 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Jets uniforms ...not looking terrible with the new cut. Let's see how it holds up with sweat. 

It will look perfectly fine when wet because it's basically all one material (aside from the shoulder loops). That's the problem with the current template because there are so many different panels and various materials. Each one reacts a little differently and can appear unlike the material next to it. That's where this one will be superior because it's a single material and all of the mesh is laser cut into the fabric.

46 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Not so sure I'm on board with 2 stripes for the 49ers. 

Is it true that Nike doesn't want the Niners to have 3 stripes on their sleeve since the 3 stripes also represent Adidas?

37 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

Is it true that Nike doesn't want the Niners to have 3 stripes on their sleeve since the 3 stripes also represent Adidas?

Could also be that NFL sleeves have gotten so small they's rather sacrifice the 3rd stripe instead of chop it in half like Addias atrociously did

38 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

I doubt the 49ers changed the striping because of Nike. Nike doesn't have a problem with the Bears having three stripes on their jerseys. 

16 hours ago, WavePunter said:

All the awkward off-center chest patches in the league should disappear

I'd agree there. There really is no *good* place to put one of those chest patches. 

And get rid of those hideous captain's patches while we're at it. They hit the trifecta of being pointless, ugly, and off-center.

4 minutes ago, illini1 said:

I doubt the 49ers changed the striping because of Nike. Nike doesn't have a problem with the Bears having three stripes on their jerseys. 

The bears stripes are outlined on the home, and alternate on the swags. They aren't like adidas 3 stripes like the 49ers were

17 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

I think the Jets need to have a slightly lighter shade of green. Hopefully it looks as good in the field as it does in the photo. 

XM4KeeA.png

6 minutes ago, insert name said:

I think the Jets need to have a slightly lighter shade of green. Hopefully it looks as good in the field as it does in the photo. 

Yeah, I'd love them to go a few shades lighter. Maybe not all the way Kelly Green but a happy medium would be nice

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

It will look perfectly fine when wet because it's basically all one material (aside from the shoulder loops). That's the problem with the current template because there are so many different panels and various materials. Each one reacts a little differently and can appear unlike the material next to it. That's where this one will be superior because it's a single material and all of the mesh is laser cut into the fabric.

agreed.. while they're at it, i don't know why they don't just sublimate the stripes into the fabric anyway.. then they could at least get a cleaner line where the sleeves end and stripes begin.. or even possibly give them full shoulder loops like they should be.. if they're trying to tout all this technology, then rib-knit shoulder panels have got to be the least-technologically-advanced feature that has found its way onto modern uniforms.. even if they're worried about stitching and template issues with sublimating the stripes, they could still sublimate the panel and stitch it in the same way they stitch in the rib-knit panels (or better yet, the lightweight perforated mesh panels from the pants), so they would at least have "performance material" instead of thick, archaic, ribbed knitting on their jerseys..

3 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

agreed.. while they're at it, i don't know why they don't just sublimate the stripes into the fabric anyway.. then they could at least get a cleaner line where the sleeves end and stripes begin.. or even possibly give them full shoulder loops like they should be..

Fantastic idea.  

2 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

There is definitely room for 3 stripes in the space Nike put 2 stripes on those new 49ers jerseys. The old 3 stripes were quite thin. 

thumb.jpg

There really isn't. There might be on the QB cut, or on some other versions, but not for the linemen. Which is why rebook deliberately cut off the lowest stripe; Nike's solution to the same problem is to remove it entirely. 

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

There really isn't. There might be on the QB cut, or on some other versions, but not for the linemen. Which is why rebook deliberately cut off the lowest stripe; Nike's solution to the same problem is to remove it entirely. 

There is room to put a third stripe in the middle of the 2 stripes, so I have to disagree with you here. 

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Well the counter example is the bears. While they don't have 3 wrap around stripes, the placement is by far superior. For the 9ers they have a long history of messed up stripes going back to the late 80's when players started to have their sleeves customized tailored for tightness which removed the stripes entirely in the process.

the real issue is their stubborn insistence on having the stripes be perfectly horizontal, as well as mandating they be as low as they are.. there technically is room for them, but not with the constraints that the 49ers have placed on nike.. 

49ersJersey.jpg

Archived