NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

I'm not even talking about the players' jerseys, though. Those sleeves will get cut off. But there is absolutely room for 3 stripes here. There is room for 3 stripes of acceptable (and historically accurate - or close enough) width within the same space they have 2 stripes. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't the Steelers used to have durene sleeves with the stripe woven in?  How long have they been using the modern materials, and is their stripe still woven?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I'm not even talking about the players' jerseys, though. Those sleeves will get cut off. But there is absolutely room for 3 stripes here. There is room for 3 stripes of acceptable (and historically accurate - or close enough) width within the same space they have 2 stripes. 

im not ready to believe the 49ers jerseys (on field or retail) will have 2 stripes; this is a photoshop mockup and could just be a mistake. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

44 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

im not ready to believe the 49ers jerseys (on field or retail) will have 2 stripes; this is a photoshop mockup and could just be a mistake. 

The jerseys at the draft (which were the on-field version of the VU template) had two stripes, so it's definitely not just a mistake. The new retail jerseys with the two stripes are indeed indicative of what will be worn on the field.

IMG_3705.thumb.JPG.bb79b44e8bdf02ca8470ebc8a53586a5.JPG

IMG_3729.PNG.a7cd8d9ac0cb8b641bd444466f7e6d74.PNGIMG_3730.PNG.00ab9438a80fb4ac8b77b08e7249c2b6.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Can't believe we all

missed this. Some how those don't feel 49erish to me. They look like they would be a perfect match for the old Arizona cardinals uniforms that had the two stripes on the pants. 49ers=3stripes and insanely thick pant stripes period. 

Two stripes won't kill the 49ers. What's going to kill them is wearing that awful black alternate. The team has a hisory of questionable looks from silver helmets/pants to covering up the three stripes from 1996-2008. I'm not worried about this at all.

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

Can't believe we all

missed this. Some how those don't feel 49erish to me. They look like they would be a perfect match for the old Arizona cardinals uniforms that had the two stripes on the pants. 49ers=3stripes and insanely thick pant stripes period. 

We didn't miss it - pretty sure it was discussed, maybe even earlier in this thread.  Uni Watch also had a feature on it

9 hours ago, Bobster said:

John Brodie didn't need wide stripes on his pants!

Brodie.jpg

. . . but he did need three stripes on his sleeves!!!!

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

We didn't miss it - pretty sure it was discussed, maybe even earlier in this thread.  Uni Watch also had a feature on it

Yes, it was discussed earlier in this thread.  I expressed my still smoldering disdain for the election to discard cavalierly a look that had become, in my opinion, iconic and symbolic of the 49ers.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Pats have had those socks since Adidas was their uniform supplier decades ago. Nike can't just change any existing uniform because they feel like it (See Cowboys, Packers). 

However, this 49ers uniform is technically new. I guarantee you that if the Patriots asked Nike to help fix/update their uniforms, those socks are gone in two seconds.

Three stripes can easily fit on a sleeve with Nike's template:

chi_e_bearsnikeunis_07.jpg

gsc32901.jpg?w=1000&h=667

55c7b854dfb9c0735896b4c5d9a2471d.jpg

The 49ers easily could've fit the three stripes on their sleeves if they wanted to. I'm not sure what the motivation was - wouldn't be surprised if it was Nike's influence - but going with two stripes is an awfully strange decision.

10 minutes ago, GFB said:

The Pats have had those socks since Adidas was their uniform supplier decades ago. Nike can't just change any existing uniform because they feel like it (See Cowboys, Packers). 

However, this 49ers uniform is technically new. I guarantee you that if the Patriots asked Nike to help update their uniforms, those socks are gone in two seconds.

I don't think Nike cares about three stripes especially in a sport where a number of stripes are prevalent. It was definitely an Adidas thing when the Patriots first got those uniforms, but that point is gone and I don't even think Nike even realizes or cares. It's like Reebok getting mad at the Broncos for their Nike design, it doesn't even matter because it's what the team wants and there's nothing the manufacturer can do about it.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived