Buffalo

NFL 2017 changes?

3 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

A combo that I don't think would ever see the field but still something that is very interesting: W/A/O

DB6Jb8UUQAAOcze.jpg

Possibly the worst uniform I've ever seen.

25 minutes ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Possibly the worst uniform I've ever seen.

Worse than these?

Chris-Johnson.jpg

Kelly-Holcomb-2231.jpg

aug-26-2005-chicago-il-usa-buffalo-bills

7 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

im disappointed thats what you've taken away here because im trying to express the opposite. the positioning and brand doesn't change because of the new identity, the new identity is a reflection of those changes. i think @oldschoolvikings has got it; im with you all that the new identity isn't as likable, and my god you should see the throwbacks in person! but if you're going to be true to your new brand positioning, your identity must align with it. Juventus is another great example of this, the Dolphins a more diluted version of their extreme shift

Please articulate this brand strategy and the changes that have been made that I am not aware of. I really do want to hear your insights and want to see what I am missing here.

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Worse than these?

Yes.

46 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Please articulate this brand strategy and the changes that have been made that I am not aware of. I really do want to hear your insights and want to see what I am missing here.

i think there's someone who can put it into words better than i can. particularly around 47:00 in - http://makersofsport.com/episodes/58/surf-melendez

On 6/8/2017 at 3:40 AM, Bucfan56 said:

Thank goodness. Their old logo (In all forms) is my absolute favorite in the NFL. Their current look is one of the worst in the league thanks to that trash logo they use. I've honestly never seen a logo that looks worse on a helmet. The old one was a bit cheesy (That's what I absolutely loved about it though, and removing the helmet from the dolphin is tragic), but at least you had a pretty good sense of how it was supposed to be placed. This current logo? It's all over the place. 

9775751-nfl-miami-dolphins-at-buffalo-bi

20130804_ajl_ss4_362.0.jpg

5939020ba7b40_ScreenShot2017-06-08at12_51_10AM.png.dfbf98328714264280c07957235f89a3.png

2013_Miami_Dolphins_New_Logo_Helmet_Change_Unveiling.jpg.a36854c7e346469330020c0bb1bbd68b.jpg

I'm not a graphic designer (and granted that last picture is photoshopped), but it's downright BRUTAL how much the placement on that logo varies. The shape of the current logo sucks so bad. Had they at least kept the former crescent style shape, it would probably be passable even without the dolphin wearing the helmet. But the direction they rendered that dolphin is just awful, and it's only exacerbated by how many different helmet styles there are. 

I'm curious to know which is closest to being right? The middle ones seem very far off. The top one seems most like the official graphics, but I think the rotation on the bottom one gives the logo a sense of forward motion. That's my favorite.

I actually really like the new logo, but hate the tweaked colors (opposite of the Islanders' fish sticks). I'll be sad to see the new logo go; the Dolphins have always had great uniforms before this iteration, but I don't think they ever quite hit the mark on the logo.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I'm curious to know which is closest to being right? The middle ones seem very far off. The top one seems most like the official graphics, but I think the rotation on the bottom one gives the logo a sense of forward motion. That's my favorite.

I actually really like the new logo, but hate the tweaked colors (opposite of the Islanders' fish sticks). I'll be sad to see the new logo go; the Dolphins have always had great uniforms before this iteration, but I don't think they ever quite hit the mark on the logo.

ideally, you use the sun as your guide to center and align the logo. this one looks about right to me. 

IMG_2330.JPG.19a9411c0c1e9603a2232c81aaf6a5da.JPG

but i think they try to avoid covering vents like you see in that photoshopped Revo Speed. 

edits for accuraccy - in this shot you see the logo rotated a bit off center to avoid covering the Speeds vent too much 

IMG_2333.JPG.a3e7675af31031d1fae83dc399e4878d.JPG

48 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

ideally, you use the sun as your guide to center and align the logo. this one looks about right to me. 

IMG_2330.JPG.19a9411c0c1e9603a2232c81aaf6a5da.JPG

but i think they try to avoid covering vents like you see in that photoshopped Revo Speed. 

edits for accuraccy - in this shot you see the logo rotated a bit off center to avoid covering the Speeds vent too much 

IMG_2333.JPG.a3e7675af31031d1fae83dc399e4878d.JPG

All decals will appear to be rotated off-center when the helmet is on a flat surface, though.  

15 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Worse than these?

Chris-Johnson.jpg

How is this bad?

On 6/6/2017 at 10:26 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

The Saints have a great uniform hanging in their closets right now.

-306c962bcfbf3bd1.jpg

Wear this beauty on the road (with black socks, of course) and the home version would just be a straight up black for white trade on the jersey, and gold for white trade on the pants.  Do that, and they go from a below average uniform to an easy top 5 in the league.

What OSV said + use this shade of gold on all the uniforms and replace the goofy generic letters on the helmet bumpers with the team wordmark and I would be in Saints uniform heaven. 

11 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The second one is closest to being accurate.. The top and bottom appear accurate with the helmet sitting on a table, but would be rotated too far forward when on a player's head.. Logos should be tilted backward to some extent any time you see a helmet sitting on a flat surface (for any team).. The degree depends on helmet model and facemask style, but all helmets "look upward" when sitting on a table, and rotate downward to "look forward" when on a player..

8 hours ago, Ark said:

How is this bad?

459734565-jonathan-grimes-of-the-houston

1. Bottom heavy

2. Terrible helmet stripe

3. Same color pants and socks

4. Least desirable possible combination for that set of uniforms.

What did I leave out?

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

459734565-jonathan-grimes-of-the-houston

1. Bottom heavy

2. Terrible helmet stripe

3. Same color pants and socks

4. Least desirable possible combination for that set of uniforms.

What did I leave out?

5. The 3 different striping elements that don't go together

6. Lackluster number font

What makes a helmet stripe "terrible" other than it not being a traditional one? I don't think there's anything wrong with the Titans' helmet stripes. Those stripes also fit rather nicely on modern helmets. 

I also didn't mind the white-powder-navy look for Tennessee because, for me, it's the color balance overall -- not just the principal color balance -- that makes or breaks a uniform like that. A lot of colleges are wearing solid/dark jerseys and pants and then going with white helmets and white facemasks just because they are mixing and think it's cool. 

But, with Tennessee, the fact that the numerals are white draws the balance from top-down, while the navy pants draw the balance bottom-up into the shoulder yokes. This probably sounds like a bunch of hogwash, but there's a big difference between these two examples below.

Image result for arizona football

vs. 

Image result for tennessee titans uniforms

1 hour ago, Midway said:

5. The 3 different striping elements that don't go together

6. Lackluster number font

im in the middle with the Titians. i think there's a few things i'd miss if they were changed too much, especially the colors and logos. my biggest complaint is that theres not a single element (especially in OSV's pic) that matches another. look at the logo, stripes, numbers, NOB, even the 3 primary pieces (helmet, jersey, pants) are all different colors. i dont believe you have to have everything match 100% but this uniform doesn't have any repetition whatsoever. its chaos

I think this is Titans best uniform set

erk9zn3.jpg

and

Tennessee+Titans+v+Houston+Texans+KgYvNi

As you can see, the powder blue looks extra good in the daylight. 

I gotta give the nod to navy over white as the Titans best combo

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

What makes a helmet stripe "terrible" other than it not being a traditional one? I don't think there's anything wrong with the Titans' helmet stripes. Those stripes also fit rather nicely on modern helmets.

It's not that the helmet stripe is modern, it's that the helmet stripe is modern, and paired with an extremely traditional pants stripe...

They should have one or the other. Not both...