NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I got a look at the Super Bowl LII style guide..  fear not there will be PLENTY of purple.   The local branding is Purple and sky blue.  The regional logo (whatever its called) is a very BOLD, block, sans serif  LII made up of thin vertical stripes with a cool looking gradient to it.  It works trust me.   small letters above it say Super Bowl in the standard SB font we've seen for a while.  

And there's an alternate logo in the same style using MN

when I say vertical stripes.... imagine the IBM logo but with vertical stripes instead of horizontal.  But the stripes are much thinner and closer together.

IBM-logo.jpg

I have photos but I don't want to be the first to post them if it hasn't leaked yet

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

5 hours ago, Huntr said:

temp170614_networkday2_30--nfl_mezz_1280

The Broncos' helmet decals are oddly off color on this picture as well as others floating around the web.  The navy of the decal is much lighter than the paint of the helmet.  Looks bad.

temp170613_carwash1_AD_6--nfl_mezz_1280_

temp170613_carwash1_AD_9--nfl_mezz_1280_

temp170614_networkday2_37--nfl_mezz_1280

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Broncos' helmet decals are oddly off color on this picture as well as others floating around the web.  The navy of the decal is much lighter than the paint of the helmet.  Looks bad.

temp170613_carwash1_AD_6--nfl_mezz_1280_

temp170613_carwash1_AD_9--nfl_mezz_1280_

Is the decal actually navy on the non-orange parts? I'm shocked they don't just have a transparent background next to the orange.

33 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Is the decal actually navy on the non-orange parts? I'm shocked they don't just have a transparent background next to the orange.

Agreed.  Seems easier than matching navy to navy.

Von Miller's helmet looks like it came out of a gumball machine.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Looking at images from Broncos games, it turns out the Broncos do infact apply navy on their helmet decals and it looks awful. I'll never be able to unsee that now. This team needs a new look ASAP.

wow, always thought they were clear. that looks tacky as :censored:. but just knocking the blue parts out should fix it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Has the Broncos' stripe always been like? I know of a few high school teams that used that same stripe pattern, and in all of those the negative space is transparent.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Wait... this makes no sense at all.  The width of the navy portion of the stripe is narrower than the orange portion would be at the back, right? Does anybody have a view of the back of the helmet?

EDIT - OK, found this view.  What am I seeing here?  Are the three stripes actually applied separately?  Both unattractive and a colossal

waste of time!

9508513-nfl-preseason-san-francisco-49er

Archived