NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I like the "cartoony", but not the "angry".   If a cartoon dolphin, jumping thru the air while wearing a football helmet can't be happy, what chance do the rest of us have?

I think sometimes when arguing between the cartoony and angry dolphin, we lose sight of the fact that even though the angry dolphin may seem more realistic, it is still wearing a football helmet.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

As for the rays, I thought they got it right with the 1997 tweak:

1997.jpg

Keeps the essential element of the sun, but works even at a very small size.

dolphins_97icon.png

They should go back to this logo with the current throwbacks they wear and you have the perfect uniform. The navy can be a logo only color or they can clean it up to drop the navy altogether.

12 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

One should go Kelly green and one should go Michigan State-esque flat forest green. I think both teams could pull of either look, but both need to move away from what they're currently doing asap

We already have Michigan State-esque forest.  The Green Bay Packers already have that covered.  Like I said the Eagles midnight set is perfect and it actually starting to grow on me IMO. If any one needs to go kelly, it is the Jets.  Can't think of any team other than them.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It's perfectly fine to have two teams wearing the same color.  The Packers and Jets have used the exact same shade of dark green for decades now without any problem. 

Plus, there are currently 9 teams with navy jerseys so another team adding dark green wouldn't be a problem.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It's perfectly fine to have two teams wearing the same color.  The Packers and Jets have used the exact same shade of dark green for decades now without any problem. 

Which shade green is same as Packers? Don't they use like 3 or 4 different shades on the home green? 

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

I think you're in the minority on this one. Nike hasn't executed it well and it looks pretty awful on television

I disagree with this. I preferred the RBK version but still think it's a good contemporary uniform that is now 14-years old (or 21 if you don't count tweeks). 

Im fine with a return to Kelly as long as it's not muddied up with too much black, but I dont see a need to change. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I disagree with this. I preferred the RBK version but still think it's a good contemporary uniform that is now 14-years old (or 21 if you don't count tweeks). 

Im fine with a return to Kelly as long as it's not muddied up with too much black, but I dont see a need to change. 

I agree with your sentiment about the Reebock version of the color being better. It appeared to be more green and less teal. I think it's a nice color that the Eagles can own as long as it isn't paired with charcoal and black.

Midnight green/jade, whatever you wanna call it would be great paired with a bright shiny silver and/or white along with a simple helmet wing and uniform design 

The Jets' uniform design is good, as long as the greens are standardized. The only thing that would make it better is to have full shoulder loops, or close to it.

The Eagles' uniform, on the other hand, is an abomination. The "midnight green" is bad enough on its own, but putting such a dark color side-by-side with black looks awful. And the black jerseys are even worse. They should either return to kelly green, in which case a little black would be fine as trim, or if they insist on sticking with midnight green, they should eliminate the black and use gray as an accent (which they already do in the eagle's beak and helmet wings). And as long as they're fixing things, they may as well use a less embarrassing number font and drop the drop shadow.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, mmajeski06 said:

Saw this photo in an article about the 1998 New York Jets and it just reminded me how good they used to look before the "50 Shades of Green" Nike era. 20 years of uniform innovation but for some reason we can't get colors to match or stripes to look right now.

364493.0.jpg

Those are beautiful! Really beautiful!

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:55 PM, Ben in LA said:

Yet people continue to whine that the Rams would look exactly like the Colts if they return to blue and white.

They do look like the Colts. Remember the old 1953-1955 Colts uniforms? Hello, navy blue helmet with a single white stripe in the middle!

All the Jets really need is a color switch (and a better logo, but that's the least of my concerns).

The Eagles' uniforms are pretty outdated, especially the numbers. I'd be fine with kelly or midnight, but the uniforms need an overhaul.

The Eagles numbers aren't that bad, except for the 1 and 7.  Those are horrible.  I think the shadow actually works well - it provides just a little bit of depth without being any more obnoxious than a normal outline.  

The uniform itself is about as simple as it gets these days.  I would like to see more silver / light gray (especially pants), and a simpler / less cartoony wing, but that's about it.  Oh - yeah the black uniforms are total trash and should be used to wipe the crappiest asses in the world with and then burned.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 8:27 PM, VikWings said:

They should go back to this logo with the current throwbacks they wear and you have the perfect uniform. The navy can be a logo only color or they can clean it up to drop the navy altogether.

If youre going to do this you will have to add blur into the uni scheme and hange the stripes up a bit 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Red Wolf said:

I still want the Dolphins to have a fauxback uniform with that mystery M helmet that the dolphin is wearing. 

I would like to see uniform concepts with this logo 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived