Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Here's a couple gray vs navy games.

USATSI_7463302_crop_north.jpg?1380489968

2005-g4d.JPG

The Lions grey is much darker though, these grey jerseys are much closer to white than the lions version.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:21 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

That's because it's not silver... it's that new semi-useless darker gray they're shoehorning in.

Lions-2.jpg

I didn't know the Philadelphia Soul are playing in the NFL after the ArenaBowl.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:21 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

That's because it's not silver... it's that new semi-useless darker gray they're shoehorning in.

Lions-2.jpg

I really hate that yoga pant / leggings look... awful... Get some stripes on there, different color socks, something!

On 7/17/2017 at 7:41 PM, orangefaniniowa said:

I am 1000% certain they will wear white their first two home games against the Bills and the Saints.

My guess is that they will wear their alternate blues against the Falcons (Nov. 5 and I don't believe they ever worn the alts against Atlanta) and either Dec. 10 against the Vikings or the 17th against Green Bay.  I believe it will be against the Vikes.

And as a bonus, if the Panthers win the division and host at least one home playoff game, they will wear white!!

I am thinking Carolina will wear their alternates in Tampa and one home game, since they can only wear them two times max in the regular season. I also have a feeling they'll wear them for the 2nd preseason game in Tennessee--like they did last preseason when they faced the Titans in Nashville

45 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

They should of kept the stripes from the home and road silver-grey pants and blue socks for this Color Rush. That's the only tidbit I have with it.

No can do - Color Rush requires one color shoulder to foot.  Stripes would be okay, but no contrasting socks. 

23 hours ago, O.C.D said:

The Lions grey is much darker though, these grey jerseys are much closer to white than the lions version.

You're right. The Patriots and Seahawks shading is lighter while the Lions seem darker.

I wonder if the league will let Nike supply the Bears with a different uniform.

42 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

You're right. The Patriots and Seahawks shading is lighter while the Lions seem darker.

I wonder if the league will let Nike supply the Bears with a different uniform.

They haven't done it for any team yet

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

It's especially weird in this case.  On the primary home and road uniforms, that dark gray shows up in exactly one place... the trim around the numbers;

maxresdefault.jpg

It's not anywhere on the helmet, or the pants, or the socks. Just the relatively thin outline around the numbers.  Don't get me wrong, I think the above is a pretty nice uniform, and an obvious upgrade over anything they've worn since adding black.  I even think the dark gray trim on the numbers is a nice touch... without it, I'm not sure the jersey design works.  I just think it's odd that it's just in that one place. (Personally, I would've made the outside trim of the helmet decal the same dark gray.)

As it stands, it does give the impression that the sole reason for the dark gray's inclusion was to give them an excuse to make this Color Rush uniform;

tempGSC33375--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Which is easily the worst part of the redesign.

Gee! That is really an odd way they went with their redesign direction. At least the Northwestern Stripes MATCHES!!!

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

No can do - Color Rush requires one color shoulder to foot.  Stripes would be okay, but no contrasting socks. 

Oh yeah, that's right. At least their silver is darker and not too light. SOMETHING THAT NIKE FINALLY GOT RIGHT. Oh man!

5 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

This might be a weird thought, but now that those jerseys have been in a Super Bowl I don't think they need to change them. 

Appeared in a super bowl, yes.

Apart of the biggest collapse in super bowl history, also yes.

11 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

This might be a weird thought, but now that those jerseys have been in a Super Bowl I don't think they need to change them. 

Why did they change from the previous look that had appeared in a Super Bowl?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived