NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Wtf did New Era do to the sideline hats this season? What's up with the honeycomb bill?

San Francisco 49ers New Era 2017 Sideline Official 59FIFTY Fitted Hat - Scarlet

That hat will look dashing with 30 of its closest friends on the TJMaxx rack in February.

Companies pumping out second-rate products at high prices makes me fear (or welcome?) the looming collapse of the American retail market.

6 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Wtf did New Era do to the sideline hats this season? What's up with the honeycomb bill?

San Francisco 49ers New Era 2017 Sideline Official 59FIFTY Fitted Hat - Scarlet

They have to distinguish them from the caps they sold last year, which had to be distinguished from the caps they sold the year before that.  If you just gave the fools simple caps, they might not feel the need to buy a replacement every season.  

It's profoundly stupid.  And ugly to boot. 

21 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

To be fair, they don't match the helmet. And the black pants look horrible. As much as monochrome is derided, the only way you can pull off the gold helmet and jersey is with gold pants. Anything else looks top heavy.

Why not white pants?  The shades of gold are off, but the gold over white could work for the Saints.

gtech-03-07-goldwhite-lynnbass-vert-620x936.jpg

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They have to distinguish them from the caps they sold last year, which had to be distinguished from the caps they sold the year before that.  If you just gave the fools simple caps, they might not feel the need to buy a replacement every season.  

Guess I'll be getting a few more years out of these caps then.

IMG_1186.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

So I went looking for a New Jersey and found this http://m.nflshop.com/New_England_Patriots_Jerseys/Mens_New_England_Patriots_Tom_Brady_Nike_Navy_Vapor_Untouchable_Elite_Player_Jersey

this is the first I've seen of an elite vapor untouchable jersey. Something interesting is the sleeve has an elastic cuff making it nearly identical to on field jerseys. I'm sure the torso is shorter but I might have to get one of these to compare it to my game worn jersey, despite it being from the pats international series game from a few years ago. Price is very steep but I might just budge on it.

6 minutes ago, dont care said:

So I went looking for a New Jersey

I like ones with the counties on them ...

new-jersey-county-map.gif

Though, road maps are good too ...

map-of-new-jersey-cities.gif

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It's called business. You make one unique ugly cap in 2012 and call it "limited edition." Fans eat it up. You discontinue the set and release a new line 2013 that's even more hideous than the old line. Slap on the "limited edition" tag again and then the sheep come calling home. Rinse and repeat for subsequent years.

Not a new formula and will no doubt be repeated in the future.

NSFCvyu.png

34 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Raiders Schutt F7 helmet. 

IMG_1267.JPG

I was one of the ones saying player safety is more important than how a helmet looks, but that is hideous. It needs some serious redesigning. Don't see why it needs all those ridges and holes, I know the sides have more padding but what prevents them from still making a round helmet? The holes maybe do give some flexibility to the helmet where needed so that I could live with. The 2 plates on top I can live with too because it does help with safety and not much worse than the speed flex. 

48 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Decal is too low

Though the Raiders' usually place their logos low on a regular helmet...it does look ridiculously low on that new one.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That Raiders helmet is a damned mess it what it is, as is going to be the case with just about every team that uses it. The Bengals equipment staff should have a grand old time with it.  At the very least, the stripe needs to be cut at the breaks in the helmet, but even that won't save it.

Is this design necessary to keep the players safe?

23 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Why not white pants?  The shades of gold are off, but the gold over white could work for the Saints.

gtech-03-07-goldwhite-lynnbass-vert-620x936.jpg

White can work, but it has to be against a color-jersey opponent. No white v. silver/gold/light gray, etc.

Archived